Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor cameras failed to work after one year

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have outdoor cameras that failed to work. WARNING - Arlo has a one year  take it or leave it policy. After a year when your camera fails they MAY give you a 30% code so you can buy another camera at their full retail price. Meagan was less than helpful in customer support and their products constantly fail.

Please buy anyone else's product - This companies products and customer service are terrible

14 REPLIES 14
Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have outdoor cameras that failed to work. WARNING - Arlo has a one year  take it or leave it policy. After a year when your camera fails they MAY give you a 30% code so you can buy another camera at their full retail price. Meagan was less than helpful in customer support and their products constantly fail.

Please buy anyone else's product - This companies products and customer service are terrible

Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Roostertime wrote:

I have outdoor cameras that failed to work. WARNING - Arlo has a one year  take it or leave it policy. After a year when your camera fails they MAY give you a 30% code so you can buy another camera at their full retail price.

A lot of electronics have even less then 1 year so that is not unusual. But if you describe your problem and what troubleshooting steps you tried someone may be able to help here. 

Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice
I do not know any quality company that offers a warranty under two years. I spent over an hour with customer service and they wasted my time. How much longer should my time get wasted
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Roostertime wrote:
I do not know any quality company that offers a warranty under two years. I spent over an hour with customer service and they wasted my time. How much longer should my time get wasted

You should check other electronics web sites. Just for cams Eufy and Ring for starts have a 1 year. 

Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

I reviewed 6 wireless cameras. Arlo's work ok but their customer service is poor. I worked with Meagan and I knew more about the system than she did. Minimal warranty. There are better systems like Ring and Simply Safe to choose from

Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

Great. Do their products last more than one year? Because Arlo's do not work after a year. Do their cameras have a significant delay when recording? Arlo's have a long period once active. Does the other companies customer service know less about the system than a customer does?

The answer is yes the other products work much better than Arlo, their customer service team is better and the product works even if out of warranty. Arlo cameras are poorly made, that is a fact

Roostertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

did not work. The camera system is junk. How do I get a refund and send all of these units back to you. The customer service is terrible.

Kevin101
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah me too. Pretty disappointed in this product. I had 2 cams, 1 stopped working as they wanted $$$$$, now the other 1 worked for about 6 months and now it wont sync or do anything. They want $. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Its 5 o'clock somewhere.

Rcwake
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. Be prepared not to depend on customer service.