Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing Bug on the App

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cii
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have geofencing on with 4 other friends/family members and all Arlo Secure apps (v3.6.8) and OS (15.6.1) are updated.

1st issue : Two friends have two devices on the "Enabled Devices". Is it possible to delete them and only have one enabled device for each friend? There is no trash can or delete swipe that I can find. I have found posts that ask for it a few years ago, but never seen an update for this.

2nd issue : One "enabled device" is named iPhone and another is named iPhone11 that are under the same friend (friend A). I know that the iPhone11 is the one they actually use. Friend B has a device iPhoneXr. When I try to check only friend B's iPhoneXr, it is enabled with friend B's iPhoneXr and friend A's iPhone with (2) enabled devices. When I uncheck only friend A's iPhone from the list, both devices are disabled with (0) enabled devices.

Note: I assume friend A's iPhone is an old iPhone.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cii

At the moment, to delete a device from the list, you will have to remove and re-add the respective user;  Let's start there and see if this resolves issue #2. If not, I will have this escalated for you. I have also requested for a feature update regarding this method.

Thanks 

cii
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, it didn't work. When I deleted Friend B, only their iPhoneXr was deleted. The iPhone just became a regular button where my geofencing would always be "Home". If I kept Friend B and only deleted Friend A, both iPhone 11 and iPhone would disappear. I tried geofencing with just the iPhone Xr, which was always "home" but when trying to add back friend A, both would appear back. Deleting both also didn't not fix the problem.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update. It looks like you have a meeting setup with Jeff to resolve the issue. 

cii
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was not resolved yet. Jeff sent in a ticket for it to be fixed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Keep me updated. Jeff will keep me in the loop as well. 

Thanks for the update