Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geo fencing and internet connection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
EKT
Follower
Follower

When I activate the Geo fencing mode I constantly recieve notifications that there is no internet connection and the cameras will not activate. Also the Geo fencing feature does not always work - does not arm the cameras.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EKT,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

When using multiple devices, the secondary devices should be logged into the app via shared account through the "Grant Access" feature so that both devices are logged in using the mobile app. Take a look at this article for more information: How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

micamote
Guide
Guide

In order for the built-in geofencing feature to work, every phone that needs to be tracked has to have the Arlo app open and be logged in.  Since that's inconvenient and not very practical, I created a couple of IFTTT (If-This-Then-That) applets that don't require any open apps or logins.  They can be found on ifttt.com and are named "Arm Arlo when everyone in your Life360 circle leaves" and "Disarm Arlo when anyone in your Life360 circle arrives."  They've worked nicely for me and I hope they help anyone else who gives them a shot as well.