Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

General comments as a new Arlo user VMB 3500

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dianclark
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a new Arlo customer I am really surprised how the Arlo sites are not user friendly. I also placed two calls to Arlo support. While I do not care that the responders are not in this country, I do expect at least pretense of help. My first call was not three minutes old when it was suggested that I upgrade to their 24 hour support. The second call when I asked about adobe, his response was "oh you need to contact your provider about that." I was merely wanting the answer to my question about having Adobe on my system. I was able to figure out my questions my self. I still am not completely happy with my Arlo system. I am happy with the resolution but again, I would be happy to research myself but there are so many unanswered questions. For instance, "Rules" are mentioned but I do not see where these rules are identified. I have a ring doorbell and their support is like no other, it is incredible! (I was unable to fill in the model above, just another less than user friendly annoyance with Arlo) I am planning to let HSN know of my concerns.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, it sound very much like you didn't contact Arlo support but Googled it instead. Try this:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Next, you didn't tell us what the problems are that you're trying to exorcise. Give us details.

Also, there are a lot of FAQs here that will answer most of your questions in detail, including modes and rules. A perusal of the interface itself will lead you to understanding how things work but the FAQ will step you right through it.

Finally, there's a broad range of opinions on both Arlo and Ring support.