Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Flash of light causing 30 motion triggers.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wellsie85
Aspirant
Aspirant
The batteries on 2 cameras are already dead. My cameras are well within 300ft. They are all at or slightly above 7 ft high and pointed down. I have panned and zoomed on a very small area of what I want each camera to record. I have decreased sensitivity to 70%. I have reset the router multiple times for extended periods of time. Last night from 1p.m. to around 7 p.m. I received about 30 motion detections. Most of which start with the flash of light. I have no trees or flowers moving.
1 REPLY 1
Thumpersma
Apprentice
Apprentice

For what it's worth, I have a camera outside mounted about 6.5 feet high in a tree in my front yard. During sunny days, the light glinting off of the neighbor's house windows or windshields of passing cars (which drive behind the tree the camera is on) cause a flash which the PIR picks up as motion and I get multiple recordings. Also. I found that the tree limb hanging about ten feet above the camera caused a shadow/light sensation to fall across the camera lens. Once I removed the offending tree branch, the dark to light shadows stopped and the recordings went way down. I still am working on the sunny day light flashes by tilting the camera as far away from the windows as possible while stil capturing the area I want to view. It is a delicate balance made all the more difficult by my short stature and my unwillingness to drag out the ladder every time I want to adjust the camera.