Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware upgrade took my Arlo offline - Wire-free Base Station FW 1.10.0.7_21310 not effective?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bappe
Aspirant
Aspirant

When installing VMB3000 I got prompted to upgrade firmware to FW 1.10.0.7_21310. Right after that, Base station went offline and stayed so whatever I tried. The realeasenote for the firmware say it fixes just that!? Support center saw activity on the serverside when rebooting Base station, but diode did not show and configuration stayed "officially" offline. Only solution was to bypass/disconnect ISP's "Service splitter" for TV.

In the long run I want to see TV as well, so how will Netgear solve this?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you need to contact your ISP, not Netgear. If you can make things work by removing the "splitter", the system works. What's not working is your setup.

bappe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, you miss the point. Before firmware update, base station had internet connection working properly with the splitter sitting in front of my router where Alrlo was connected. After firmware update the base station quit working properly regarding the internet connection. So, the firmware update caused something, despite that the firmware update releasenote says it fixed it. This is clear facts. 

Exactly why splitter removal coincided with getting basestation operational again is unclear. I have not spent more time with the setup after I got it working. I don't have the time or presence right now