Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

Firmware upgrade again to 1.12.2.1_2798, causing the live streaming, image or recorded video downgrade, lower the resolution, is everyone having the same problem yet. the Firmware upgrade was yesterday midnight (May 21, 2019).

290 REPLIES 290
timts
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem with very poor quality and jittery video.  Please resolve this as our neighborhood is experiencing alot of breakins lately and I need these cameras to show good quality video.  I paid good money for this camera system so please fix the issue.  I do not have the money to buy a different system!!!

Dannybear
Master
Master
Are the cameras that are affected cabled? Try running battery only.
parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

ShayneS@Arlo. The Arlo Development Team has identified the bug. We apologise for the inconvenience. We will be releasing a fix as soon as possible. Stay tuned for an update on this thread.

Here's the deal ShayneS@Arlo. 

What we the consumers want most is for Netgear/Arlo to stop looking down on it's consumers as if you're above it all, and then a week after a problem is reported put out a message that you're just now going to toss us a bone. We are consumers. We buy your product. We make it possible for you to have your headquarters in the very techy and expensive San Francisco Bay Area. Maybe if you'd move your operation to a area with less overhead you could hire engineers and support reps that are passionate about, and thankfull for their jobs.  As it stands right now. You're selling security you can't deliver. You're selling a product that your engineers render useless on a regular basis.  So, end of the day................we are customers not hostages.  If you think customers are as disposible as your products you are wrong. You will eventually run out of customers.

manchester1
Guide
Guide

All 4 cameras are on battery, wireless.  These cameras are distorted even when just viewing.  Its like the cameras are moving.  They use to be crystal clear.

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stay tuned manchester1. Your concern is now on record and if this is not resolved I will devote all of my time as a retired consumer to get your product back in action. 

Maddogjohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problems. “Operation could not be completed”,  and poor video.  It’s stressful when the cameras are reporting activity and you cant see why

Dannybear
Master
Master
@manchester1
Ok, not much else to do besides go into the camera video settings and wait for the thumbnail to update.
If you want to post what they look like you can do a manual recording and from the library, click on share option and copy link to post.
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

Think about this.

They have the problem for 7 days now,  they know this is a firmware issue,  and if they can't solve the problem by now, they should roll back the firmware. But why are they not roll back yet?

I have a feeling that they will not give us the original quality which is at least 720,  only to a point that we will accepted as is, may be a little better than now. That's it. The whole thing is to save the cloud storage. Current video will help them  save 90% of storage space and speed up the telecommunications/transmmision from the base station to cloud. 

Time will tell. 

Demonviper
Tutor
Tutor
Is anyone having geofencing issues with the new firmware update. I’ve been having a lot of problems with arlo system since the update. All my cameras went offline and all needed to be synced again. Also the app is really slow at finding my hub and my batteries which were all atleast 60% prior to update have all been depeleted. Someone really screwed things up with this update. Geofencing not working correctly too. I have it disabled while I am in the area but it still is recording.
parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@TomMac . 

Are you actualy paying attention to this thread, or are you employed by Netgear? We’re done jumping through hoops. You’re sounding more like Arlo support than a consumer wanting answers as to why our systems aren’t working. Just Sayin’

Dannybear
Master
Master
@dsiu2902
I think that this latest firmware is a rehash of the last firmware update they tried and rolled back.
I am surprised as much as you that they have not recalled it given the disruption.
It would suggest to me that project deadlines have to be meet that requires the new firmware to be in place and Arlo support have to wear the flack going forward.
Demonviper
Tutor
Tutor

The is wrong with you? Seriously my issues have not been brought up until I said something. You got some serious problems with your life.

CzarDM
Initiate
Initiate
Pcm_smeets
Guide
Guide
I just had a chat with the customer service and they told me that a new update wel be installed end of next week. And this would solve our problems.... so 2 weeks with bad quality
Truus
Initiate
Initiate
No solution yet. I have tried to reset everything. Use different wifi and without wifi. But no result. Any tips?
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

This is ridiculous.  It is time to roll back or restore the old firmware to 1.12.0.1_27940. Once the bug is fixed, the firmware can be saved in your company system. We don't need it.

If not, the downtime for the next update will last for three months or longer.

Bjoern64
Tutor
Tutor

It feels like yellow rain is falling down on us, the customers......

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

They gave us two weeks of complaint, hoping that we will get tired at some point and then live with the quailty we are getting now.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@parsrgood wrote:

Are you actualy paying attention to this thread, or are you employed by Netgear? We’re done jumping through hoops. You’re sounding more like Arlo support than a consumer wanting answers as to why our systems aren’t working. Just Sayin’

Look, I can't solve everyone problem but do try to offer the most common solutions to the issues

( that I've seen over 3 yrs ). 

Also,  No...  I'am not paid by Netgear / Arlo .

If there is an issue that seems not to be solved, you are ( all ) better off putting in complaints like you have been doing. The more complaints received, the higher the issue goes on the "solve it " list.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

It sounds like you don't have any problem with your system after this firmware update (1.12.2.1_2798).

What version of the base system are you using?

What is your system?

IOS or desktop computer?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your asking me...

running 2-4000 bases with the 2798 fw  and an Ultra ( latest fw ).

System is on a win 10 machine and I mostly use Firefox web access for 95% with data of 100+down and 100up.

For setting its an S7 android. ( no I don't use geozone )

The current the issue seems more to me of being a change in compression over change in rez...

Have always requested compression be an option of the end user based on data speed.

But over all, I don't see many issues with the Arlo sytem... mind that I am running it on a ups to eliminate all power issues and internet outages here (NE ) are few with the usb backups running.

Morse is faster than texting!
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

I just chatted with customer support and there is no solution in sight.

The reason why they don't want to roll back or restore old firmware, becasue "not everyone is affected".

I think she is lying. So far, I know that Arlo wiress, pro and pro 2 have all been affected.

If someone is not affected (basic, pro and pro2), please post it here.

In addition, she claims that only people in the community have problems, not everyone.

Maybe we can have some clues, maybe we are their laboratory mice. 

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS  If in fact your customer service is telling us what's mentioned in the previous comment. That there's no solution in sight and insinuating that there are not enough consumers effected by a faulty update which you admitted to in a earlier post on this thread. Can you at least verify the info your customer service is offering is fact? We have the right to know and if in fact you are not concerned with this issue we the consumer can begin the task of taking this issue beyond Netgear/Arlo.

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Everyone,

@parsrgood

There will be a fix available soon, so please stay tuned for the update. We will notify everyone when it's available in this thread as well.

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice