Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware update fails

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DK4965
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras is no longer functioning. It shows "firmware update required" in the app or browser, but the firmware update doesn't work. It just shows a blacked out screen with the "firmware update" button, but I can see live video behind it. If I select the firmware update, nothing happens. I do not see blue and orange lights on the camera indicating a firmware update in progress.

Any suggestions? I've rebooted/taken batteries out multiple times without any change.

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Remove the camera from your device list

Remove the batteries from the camera

Push the Sync button on the base so the green camera LED flashes

Put the batteries in the Arlo camera

Briefly press the sync button on the camera

Watch the blue LED on the front of the camera blink slowly and after a while quickly.

Update camera firmware on request. Ensure your internet connection speed is high and that the camera is no more than a few feet away from the base station

DK4965
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I tried all of that, but after removing the device and re-syncing it, it has not reappeared in the app or browser.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

DK4965 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I tried all of that, but after removing the device and re-syncing it, it has not reappeared in the app or browser.

If it's not in your account, it can't have sync'd. How did you determine it had re-sync'd?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DK4965,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Generally, Arlo cameras will continue to attempt updates on their own overnight. Did your cameras automatically complete the firmware upgrade or are you still experiencing an issue?

JamesC