Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
daner
Star
Star

I have one camera that I have to try repeatedly to get to connect to base station. It fails 90% of the time, but when I can get it to connect it indicates that it needs a firmware update. I initiate the update which the app says  is occurring, but I do not get the amber/blue light pattern indicating the camera is actually doing anything. The sequence is followed by the app indicating the camera is offline error 4208.

I try and resync the camera. I get the flashing blue lights followed by the fast blinking amber lights that usually indicate a successful pairing, but it does not reconnect to base station.

I have tried resetting everything and adding back my cameras (3 in all). 2 reconnect just fine, but this third camera will not. The batteries on the camera are 100%. I  have been playing with this for days and ready to toss this camera.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

19 REPLIES 19
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried moving the problem camera close to the base station to initiate the update?
There could be some wifi issue with the camera location.
daner
Star
Star

Yes, the camera is right next to the base station (1 foot away).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@daner wrote:

Yes, the camera is right next to the base station (1 foot away).

Try moving it further away (6 feet or more).

daner
Star
Star

Tried that. The camera did connect to base station and then same thing happened: it says it discovered and connected camera but I do not get feed, I just get the firmware update option which I start. The app seems to indicate that the firmware is being updated but eventually times out and indicates the camera is not connected to the internet. The camera is not showing the blue/amber light pattern indicating that it is doing an update either.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Are you able to provide the base station and camera firmware versions. The base station could have been recently updated, e.g
Arlo Base Station - VMB3010-1.17.0.0_1176_441916b 14 November, Arlo Base Station - VMB3500-1.17.0.0_1176_441916b 20 November.

Edit: also try using the arlo web portal or the mobile app.
daner
Star
Star

model vmb3010r2

firmware 1.17.0.0_1176_441916b

The base station says it has the most current update.

daner
Star
Star

Here are the camera firmware info:

Cam 1 is H7, 1.5.295

Cam 2 is H7, 1.5.295

Cam 3 is H7, 1.4.293 This is camera with issues.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi daner,

Are you still having issues with your third camera not able to update to the latest firmware?

daner
Star
Star
Yes. Still cannot use my camera.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try power cycling the camera by removing the batteries from your Arlo camera and then inserting them back on.

Have you also tried updating the firmware through the web portal on your computer?

daner
Star
Star

I have tried inserting and removing batteries a dozen times.

Not sure how to try firmware update through the web connection when the camera just states it is offline all the time. I have deleted the camera and can add it back, but it does not seem to connect to internet to download its firmware update.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you saying that your camera shows offline? If your camera is showing offline, read this article to troubleshoot: My Arlo camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

Once your camera is back online and connected to your Base Station, you can read here to learn how to manually update the firmware: How do I update my Arlo firmware manually?

daner
Star
Star
I have done all these steps. I have removed the camera and then rediscovered it. It immediately comes up and says I need to do a firmware upgrade and it will not allow any other option. I choose to upgrade. The app has a spinning wheel but the camera is not pulsing amber to blue like it is supposed to do when active in firmware upgrade. It times out eventually and says camera is offline.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

daner
Star
Star

Jessica -

Great, thank you. Will you be emailing me directly to my email?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@daner wrote:

Jessica -

Great, thank you. Will you be emailing me directly to my email? 

The PM is the envelope to the right of your name at the top of your page here. Check there.  You should not post personal information here as it is a user forum. It may get edited by a mod. 

JaneC
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo 

HI Danah,

I have the same problem you have experienced. Ddi you ever solve it?  thanks jane

lwesterhold68
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have this same problem 3rd camera only.  first 2 went fine.  pulled battery, did factory reset multiple times.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JaneC @lwesterhold68

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing with your cameras?