Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware Update- Can’t Get Anywhere

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ecarroll12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve done everything I can think of to get this update to go through. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled. I’ve tried doing it 1 by 1 for each camera. The model number isn’t in the list above. It’s VMB3010r2. Anyone figure out how tonged this thing to work? Internet speed downs seem to be and issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Jodi3337
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue but only with1 of the 4 cameras.  I'm about to throw it out the window.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ecarroll12,

What firmware version is your camera(s) & base station on at the moment?

Jodi3337,

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing?

ecarroll12
Aspirant
Aspirant
1.8.1_9169

I got in touch with support last night. They said it was because my internet upload was to slow. Which make sense. But at he same time I have no control over. I’m on the high speed available within my area. I was told to place all the camera by the base and between the hours of 3-5 am it would sync and automatic update. Woke up to find no update had been done. So not sure what to do at this point.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ecarroll12,

You can try to bring your base station as close as possible to your router, possibly 4-6' to try and avoid any frequency interference. Try and reboot and see if everything updates. You can try to reboot your router as well. What are you internet speeds from your ISP?