Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
redwards510
Aspirant
Aspirant

My use case: I arm the system and leave. When I return, I want to set the mode to Scheduled for both of my hubs. Currently, I have to click Mode, click disarm, wait, then go into the submenus for each hub and find scheduled and click that to establish my typical "Mode" of Scheduled. Can you make this easier?

What about having a single button to set all hubs to Scheduled on the Mode screen? Or anything that is a one-click method for setting everything to Scheduled.

It's unsafe for me to come home and hit "disarm" so I dont set it off entering my house, then I forget to set the hubs to scheduled so that later that night the cameras automatically arm themselves. I also sometimes misclick the right mode or set one but not both.

If you really got fancy you would just have "Home" and "Away" buttons on the Mode screen and then it's up to the user to specify what should be toggled in those situations. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
This just makes sense, why it isn’t implemented already who knows. You could also have geofencing included although it fails to perform for me it could be a workaround to what you need if it works for you.
redwards510
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah Geofencing mode is pretty good but there's two problems with it for me:

* It doesn't work on my partners phone, which is crucial to knowing if we have both left the house

* Annoying constant android notifications about how Arlo is "tracking" my location

I don't know if I put this feature request in the right place, I searched everywhere for the right forum but... hopefully someone from the team sees it I guess. I don't want to just shout into the void 😄

Dannybear
Master
Master
I have attached an article on geofencing if helpful.

https://kb.arlo.com/1096229/How-do-I-add-and-manage-multiple-mobile-devices-for-geofencing

Regards the location for your post, anywhere is ok but unlikely to be noticed by arlo since they locked down the new features request board.