Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bumbler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since FW update 1.12.2.1_2798 my base station has become pretty much useless. Here are my issues now:

1. Constant "Getting Status" message on Iphone app

2. Powers off when trying to sync cameras

3. Cannot change the time zone through webportal or Iphone app (says Internet connection lost).

4. Will not display firmware version on webportal

I have tried every possible fix for this:

1. Factory reset (4X)

2. Tried to run update manually

3. Waited for update to install over night

4. My internet is fine (25mb down and 15mb up)

5. Cameras all in range

6. Disarmed

7. Power cycled

8. You name it I've done it.

Ran flawlessly since I bought these units over a year ago up until this update. Frustrated as I have these cameras in place to monitor my company woodshop that has over million dollars of equipment in it.

VMB3000 base station and cant even tell you the firmware of my cameras because they can't sync to the base station anymore.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bumbler

I have escalated your case to the appropriate team & support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. please let me know if you need further assistance.

Bumbler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still hopelessly waiting.

Why can't you guys just disable auto updates? My system was fine until it got stuck in this 1.12.2.1_2798 update loop.

rednaxela1986
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue. Was there an update or a fix for this issue?
rednaxela1986
Initiate
Initiate
Totally bricked the hub and no amount of power cycling or pressing the reset button for 10 seconds does anything.
Bumbler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope. They emailed me and asked what a good time to call me would be. I replied and it’s been crickets....completely ghosted me. I’ve recently recommended Arlo to a colleague for security of his ranch and I guess I’ll be calling him Monday to tell him to steer clear of this product.

If you’ve got an older Arlo unit with this latest update you’re pretty much screwed.

Corkey05
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am the proud owner of the Arlo "BRICK"!  No amount of resetting or cycling will restore it to use.  All because of a forced firmeware update.  It refuses to update and throws my base offline with each try.  It simply no longer works!!

Ironically I have been considering an upgrade to the latest 4k for both improved image and the ability to use solar for power.  This was all I needed to decide to move away fro Arlo.  There's no excuse for this kind of treatment to people spending top dollar for quality products ... simply no quality in followup at all (never mind issues with hardware).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you opened a case with support? A user forum can't fix hardware issues.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Corkey05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Short answer NO.   

I'm traveling and thought I could depend on the Arlo.   The issue is an onscreen demand to update Firmware and until I do nothing works.  If I do attempt the update, it kicks the base station offline and again, nothing works.  It's a never ending loop! 

Forcing updates is a protocol decision that shouldn't leave anyone without service.  It should be a choice so I can update when it's convenient.  It will be a minimum of two weeks before I can touch my hardware again, .... I guess Arlo doesn't understand some dynamics of security.

Corkey05
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

Have you opened a case with support? A user forum can't fix hardware issues.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Short answer NO.   

I'm traveling and thought I could depend on the Arlo.   The issue is an onscreen demand to update Firmware and until I do nothing works.  If I do attempt the update, it kicks the base station offline and again, nothing works.  It's a never ending loop! 

Forcing updates is a protocol decision that shouldn't leave anyone without service.  It should be a choice so I can update when it's convenient.  It will be a minimum of two weeks before I can touch my hardware again, .... I guess Arlo doesn't understand some dynamics of security.