Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Error 5011 and Cannot Connect to Media Server

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mostlychris
Tutor
Tutor

I switched Internet providers and I also reworked my equipment closet.  In the process, I powered down the base station and powered it back up in its new location.  The new location is the exact same spot, but 12 inches higher on the shelf above.  Suddenly I am getting lots of errors stating that the camera(s) cannot connecto the the media server.  These are on cameras with full signal and some with 3 bars.  I am also now getting Error 5011.  I am wondering if I should troubleshoot my Internet connection or am I suddenly getting some interference?

Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello, I am getting the EXACT same intermittent errors.  The cameras fail to connect more often than they are successful.  I just set the system up as new last night, and didn't really get a chance to play with it until today, so it's never been working for me.  I've spent all day today trying to troubleshoot from my side, and concluded it's not an issue with my network.  I'd like to spare you the time and trouble of troubleshooting if I may.  Although I don't know the answer, I don't think it's anything on your end, just a matter of untimely circumstances.  I think the issue is either related to firwmare or Netgear's network.  

Anyway, good luck, hope both our problems are fixed soon!

mostlychris
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. It's been flawless for the past few months. Not sure what is happening in the last 24 hours that is causing this.

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, I've heard lots of great reviews on this product which is why I decided to buy one.  So imagine my dismay when I've wasted all day long trying to troubleshoot this setup 😞

At least there's hope that a firmware or network update will fix it, and it will work flawless for the both of us 🙂