Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My email to support regarding base SW update 1.4.2627

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I have had a 10 camera Arlo system for over 2 months. The system has worked perfectly until you pushed me the base software update Base = 1.4.2627 2 days ago. Since the update my system is next to useless. Below are the problems:
1- base station apparently reboots its self resetting all custom settings to default. When I try to access cameras I see the screen that tells me to activate new cameras. I also lose all settings including "mode" , camera order, time zone, schedule, rules etc. the only custom setting that remains is the names of the cameras.
2- after resetting all settings its takes up to 10 attempts to stream the cameras.
3- after the cameras finally stream it takes up to 2 minutes ( on IOS app) to be able to stream a camera.
4- the camera reset to default settings on their own several times a day rendering the system useless and causing me to reset all settings again.
Again this has all happened since software update Base = 1.4.2627 two days ago.
5- ghost alerts. I will get alerts on my phone when there is no recording going on.
6- If multiple recordings are going on at the same time only 1 will show up in library. The correct amount of recordings show on the library tab.
A quick look at your " trouble shooting" discussion forum shows I'm far from alone with this problem. At this point I have $1,200 worth of useless equipment and my homes security is at risk.
SYSTEM INFORMATION.
IPhone 6 plus / iPad Air
IOS 8.3
Windows PC Windows 7
High Speed Fios Cable 75mbs / 50 Mbps
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Showguy

I sure they are aware of this sw problem... a new release will be out shortly ( I have a new version as one of the old beta testers ) so it will prob go out as soon as netgear is sure it won't make things worse in the big picture.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks Tom Mac, I just recieved a response from support asking me to restart the system as new and resync all the cameras. I am not going to do that as its obvious this is a software issue and the support tech is either not aware of it or does not have the authority to admit it.  I have better things to do today than spend hours on a ladder for nothing. LOL.

PS: Thanks for your helpful posts.  I am a bets user and forum contributer on a couple of home automation products. It's good to be able to help.  A little scarey when you know more than the manufacturers tech people. lol

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

it looks like the version I have has started to go out ( as per Mage99 with her listing of it )

I may take a day or so for all updates..I don't know how they do housekeeping (tho it is done mostly during night ), I would guess by group locations.

Morse is faster than texting!