Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

simonjf
Follower
Follower

I have just received an email about the End Of Life policy. If this is actually what is going to happen then I need to follow up with all my friends and family, social media connections to advocate against Arlo, and search for an alternative company and service, likely starting my own online storage service for them with appropriate security cameras.

Additionally, contacts at Arlo seem to be designed to prevent actual communication - which has the stink of a company that hates its customers.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

New, updated information is now available regarding the EoL policy that is very relevant to much of the discussion taking place here in this community thread. These changes will allow Arlo legacy users who currently have 7-day storage service to continue receiving that service, uninterrupted.

I encourage you all to visit https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf and read up on these changes.

Thank you,

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello Arlo Community,

With the recently announced Arlo end-of-life policy, we understand many of you are seeking more clarity and a path forward after your device becomes end-of-life. In the coming days we will be reaching out to impacted users via email with special offers. Keep an eye out for those emails as they will contain more details about these offers and instructions on how to take advantage of them.

For those who may not have read this new policy or have questions about how this may impact you, I encourage you to take a look here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf?cid=a&cid=a

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

Thank you,

JamesC

1,510 REPLIES 1,510
carrinrj
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here is the California AG complaint link. If everyone files a complaint we might get some traction

https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

Pirate69
Star
Star

Goodbye Arlo

The_Dude_2u
Tutor
Tutor

Indeed. The correct response from the customer base should be: "See you in arbitration!".

The_Dude_2u
Tutor
Tutor

Has to be arbitration due to their "agreement" you're forced into agreeing to.

Pirate69
Star
Star

Bye Arlo

The_Dude_2u
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo: !&%! you legacy users.

Me: You just destroyed your client base. See you in arbitration.

Arlo: Sorry, we meant !&%! you very much. We realize management is incompetent and did not clarify the updated EOL policy nor offer deep discounts in tandem to existing legacy users when we sent the initial !&%! you email. It is hard to see clearly when we have our heads up our a$$es.

Me: Clean house on execs and maybe you'll survive this epically ignorant sleazy cash grabbing blunder... and !&%! you very much. (Scrolling through competing products on Amazon)

Strathmont
Tutor
Tutor

Considering the bad press they are getting, bankruptcy is not off the table.  They have been accused of insider trading, and they have been relegated to now being a "penny stock".  They were once trading at $21.10 but have slid into the toilet and closed at $3.93 today.  I'm looking forward to Arlo being de-listed unless they institute SOME degree of fiduciary responsibility to stock holders and stop walking off this financial cliff with such unethical and possibly illegal activities.

ildiavolorosso1
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's amazing that a company in financial trouble still thinks it has enough market power to pull a move like this.

I do feel bad for the folks who work at Arlo, especially the community managers who have to deal with the immediate uproar from a boneheaded move like this.

Tster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Folks need to remember, the 7d free cloud service was something we paid for. But (outside of the hope we buy more cameras) many of us are just a financial liability to the company at this point (cloud services).  Even if half leave the platform, then other half will be new revenue to them. Bad press sucks, but they are probably hoping it washes away in a few months and they are left with a new subscription base.

I agree they could fold if they are forced to buy back cameras or pay for cloud services indefinitely for us.  Guess we’d lose support if they folded too, though it may feel better to the disgruntled group.

I have a feeling this crummy offer is their first “salvo” of offers that their consultants are advising them.  Ie see if they can pick off some folks.   But agree with more pressure, it likely will not be the last.  Could see April date get pushed off or staggered so the anger dies off/dissipates.  Or they just declare bankruptcy and then have the court declare them absolved of this debt. 

lifeguarder1981
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchase a subscription to keep 30days of your videos for the End of Life deactivation but some services may not be available it say? Well, what services wont be available on the app? Rather not have to replace all my cameras if the video will still playback on the app. With VMB4000 and Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras.

KremmenUK2
Tutor
Tutor

My Kremmen and KremmenUK logins here has been disabled !!!!! Just goes straight to create a new account.

Over the years I've had my Arlo's the amount of storage I've used has been tiny. The only events recorded have been where geofencing has failed so it's triggered when I open the front door.

Under those circumstances it keeps triggering every few seconds until I manually disarm.

Even so, 7 days was promised even though I don't need it.

Arlo should put in a delay so once triggered it pauses for a few minutes before triggering and recording again?

Zzzzzzzzzz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

@KremmenUK2 

Same thing happened to me!!! I had to create a new account/profile as well.

How many accounts is this happening to?!

@JamesC 

What is going on? Does this have anything to do with our participation in this posting thread?

Tster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seriously Arlo???  You think deleting my account on this forum will matter?  

haha!  That’s just cute.  Pretty sure I didn’t violate any of the “terms and policies” for the forum but guess it means you’re listening.  

Zzzzzzzzzz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Tster 

I did not violate any terms of the agreement either.... Just seems to be a weird coincidence that this just happened...? 

Tster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Haha…. 

yeah just a “weird coincidence”

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Just be aware that if you delete the arlo camera account you also loose your login here on the forum.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master
Zzzzzzzzzz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DannyBearAgain 

Thanks for the heads up. 

Nope, did not delete my Arlo account. What happened was odd. I was able to log in with my email and password but then immediately was directed to a webpage where I had to create a new username etc., as if I were a new user. My old profile is still here, and I am still getting emails about new postings based on the old profile Community subscription update. But there is no way for me to access my old profile, so I had to create a new profile/username. Let's see what happens with this new one....

Sigh.... what happened to Arlo...? Like many other people here, I used to recommend Arlo to people....

KremmenUK2
Tutor
Tutor

I suspect Arlo objected to my/our posts about competitor replacement systems.

Nothing else I posted I consider possibly out of bounds

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Zzzzzzzzzz2 

Ok, I had the same when deleting a granted user account that I was also using for the forum.

I had to delete it to get the dashboard configuration and geofencing correct.

I was not aware at the time it also deletes the community forum service also.

KremmenUK2
Tutor
Tutor

As above, I haven't amended or deleted either of my 2 guest logins.

I can still access my cameras live feed from both my local accounts, phone and tablet.

I won't post any more but wait it out till later this year to see how it all pans out. A Essentials Indoor Wired with single sub is not out of the question but an expensive multi camera sub is.

If the subs rise significantly then even a single camera will need second thoughts.

Jarem
Tutor
Tutor

The same “create a new account and agree to the community terms” issue happened to me.

In my last log in to this community, Arlo forced me to create a new username, @Jarem  now linked to the same email account of my old username, @Smxcan , which I can no longer access. I’ve lost all my previous community history and and ability to disable my subscribed notification settings that I’m still receiving emails about. 

I think Arlo did this intentionally to everyone that posted in this thread so they can agree to the community terms of use and privacy policy that needs to be agreed to before the new account is created. 

FYI. The terms prohibit probably 90% of the complaints, litigation threats, other product recommendations, and non-EOL topics in this thread.

@ShayneS  @JamesC do you know how to regain access to the old account or modify its subscription notifications?

lifeguarder1981
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did read that article already. It’s not specific as to playback, night vision features, audio features etc just states some features may be unavailable. I’m not worried about notifications and push notifications etc since I only use the cameras for video playback mainly.

Llcolbrese
Tutor
Tutor

I find this very interesting as I was not offered 100% off. How do they decide different offerings for different people?

up_yours_arlo
Star
Star

Try emailing Customerservice@arlo.com but it's only 100% off for 1 year.  Then you are locked into subscription model...