Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

simonjf
Follower
Follower

I have just received an email about the End Of Life policy. If this is actually what is going to happen then I need to follow up with all my friends and family, social media connections to advocate against Arlo, and search for an alternative company and service, likely starting my own online storage service for them with appropriate security cameras.

Additionally, contacts at Arlo seem to be designed to prevent actual communication - which has the stink of a company that hates its customers.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

New, updated information is now available regarding the EoL policy that is very relevant to much of the discussion taking place here in this community thread. These changes will allow Arlo legacy users who currently have 7-day storage service to continue receiving that service, uninterrupted.

I encourage you all to visit https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf and read up on these changes.

Thank you,

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello Arlo Community,

With the recently announced Arlo end-of-life policy, we understand many of you are seeking more clarity and a path forward after your device becomes end-of-life. In the coming days we will be reaching out to impacted users via email with special offers. Keep an eye out for those emails as they will contain more details about these offers and instructions on how to take advantage of them.

For those who may not have read this new policy or have questions about how this may impact you, I encourage you to take a look here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf?cid=a&cid=a

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

Thank you,

JamesC

1,510 REPLIES 1,510
Ben58
Star
Star

Glad to see continued bad press over this, Yahoo Finance article:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/might-time-ditch-arlo-cameras-220000631.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Ditch Arlo Cameras INDEED!

If Arlo thinks their EOL tactic is going to bring their stock price back to $20 seen in 2018 I think they need new financial advisors.  I am hoping it goes under a $1.00 this quarter.

Ben58
Star
Star

and Arlo management, please change your website as this statement cannot be substantiated any longer:

"We build trusted, lifelong customer relationships by creating innovative, smart security solutions that deliver an exceptional user experience."

redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

The above referenced Yahoo article missed the most important part!!!   RETRACTING FREE 7DAY CLOUD STORAGE THAT WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO EXPIRE.

Jeez.   

redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also re Yahoo articke, if a device is claimed to be "8 years old", if they've been selling it as recently as 3 years ago, makes a huge difference to the thrust of the age statement.   My device was bought in 2019 NEW!

Jsunder
Guide
Guide

I have a 10 camera system with subscription.  Getting 50% on up to 5 cameras doesn't cut it.  I estimate my cost will be around $1500 on cameras that will have what EOL??  Can Arlo ever be trusted with this latest move?   

carrinrj
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here is the link to the BBB to file a complaint against Arlo. We should all file complaints to request that Arlo continue our promised 7 day cloud support FREE.

carrinrj
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also, here is the link to file a complaint with the California Attorney General's office against Arlo latest eol policy 

https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

Security35
Guide
Guide

Just received the email offer. Pretty insulting. 75% off first year subscription? Not a chance as I've got tons of backup that 7 day is free forever, including the archived webpage / press release. Also, due to the lag in reporting intruders to my phone / app, no cloud storage makes these cameras useless.

Anyway, filing claims with BBB and CA Attorney General (thanks for links), but couldn't find link for the class action suit. Mentioned in 2 posts previous page, but no links. Can someone re post that? Thanks.

JPav80
Luminary
Luminary

Are there different offers?  I decided to submit my email to see the subscription offer of 75% off since I do have the single camera for my doorbell.   I only saw the 50% offer on hardware which I don't plan on using at this point.   There was no mention of a subscription discount.  Maybe they won't offer me the 75% subscription because I already have a subscription.  That would be annoying but also makes sense given the mess that Arlo has created!  I have 5 Arlo Pro devices that currently use the 7 day storage.

BetrayedByArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Here's a link to one of the class action attempts https://classlawdc.com/2023/01/04/arlo-eliminating-cloud-based-security-cameras-free-services-featur.... There are others but I don't have links handy.

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo keeps trying to force me to remove the link. 

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo keeps trying to force me to remove the link.

Kopacm
Star
Star

@Security35 , you can’t find the links to the class action lawsuit because Arlo moderators are deleting them on this site.  My messages #884 and #902 have since been edited and the links removed.  Interesting that the links remain on Arlo’s Facebook page… Mr./Mrs. Moderator, I’m making your job easy for you, you might want to censor the Facebook page as well, just to be consistent. 

Until that happens, here is the link to the class action lawsuit again:
And here is the link to the Reddit website, Arlo can’t go after this one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/arlo/comments/10297ej/arlo_endoflife_eol_update_2023_megathread/

Steve32
Star
Star

Stand strong!!

Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice

For Australians impacted by this. JBHIFI is investigating this and believe this is a breach of the Australian Consumer Law. (They emailed me today). Assuming that stands up, anyone that purchased through JBHIFI will be able to get a full refund in all impacted equipment regardless of when it was purchased.

Will update here when I get a result.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Technojames 

Kudos to you and everyone for posting.

redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

I guess I would accept a refund,  but I really don't want one.  I want the 7 day free cloud storage.

richerob
Aspirant
Aspirant

For Canadian customers you can use the following link to contact your local office.

https://www.consumerhandbook.ca/en/topics/consumer-protection/unfair-or-deceptive-business-practices...

Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice

@redsoxfan44 

I agree. But I think now that Arlo is pursuing this approach they won’t stop at one attempt. My guess is they’ll offer subscriptions for free for a fixed period then attempt to wind it back over time once the noise dies down.

The purchase contract is pretty clear. My advice is to get a refund while you can. If you like Arlo products you can purchase the latest equipment and pay for a subscription with the refund.

I will be moving to a different solution and the refund from Arlo will cover my costs entirely.

It isn’t personal for me. Arlo are a business. They have made a choice. As a consumer with a purchase contract I’m just enforcing the terms of that contract.

jllihotz
Guide
Guide

Who is offering a refund besides Costco and the HiFi store in Austraila?  Are there others?  I purchased everything on Amazon in 2018.

KevMo2023
Tutor
Tutor

I’d love it if someone can direct me to Costco refund info.

Mark85
Star
Star

@KevMo2023 

here it is. Their 90 day electronics return limitation doesn’t specifically exclude security surveillance cameras, so essentially you can return ARLO cameras anytime.

https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1191/~/what-is-costcos-return-policy%3F

LKT
Initiate
Initiate

Costco will refund your Arlo purchases.  I recommend everyone who have purchased their Arlo devices from Costco return their products and provide reviews regarding EOL on the current Arlo products which Costco still carries.  In addition, send a comment to Costco customer service.  Costco always stands behind products it sells, and it should be encouraged not to carry Arlo products any longer.

carrinrj
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can you please post screen shots or photos of the information you have stating free 7 day cloud storage for life so that the rest of us can use it in our complaints and possible class action suit.

Thanks

Steve32
Star
Star

Here’s the link to class action lawsuit underway if you would like to join. Takes five minutes.