Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

simonjf
Follower
Follower

I have just received an email about the End Of Life policy. If this is actually what is going to happen then I need to follow up with all my friends and family, social media connections to advocate against Arlo, and search for an alternative company and service, likely starting my own online storage service for them with appropriate security cameras.

Additionally, contacts at Arlo seem to be designed to prevent actual communication - which has the stink of a company that hates its customers.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

New, updated information is now available regarding the EoL policy that is very relevant to much of the discussion taking place here in this community thread. These changes will allow Arlo legacy users who currently have 7-day storage service to continue receiving that service, uninterrupted.

I encourage you all to visit https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf and read up on these changes.

Thank you,

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello Arlo Community,

With the recently announced Arlo end-of-life policy, we understand many of you are seeking more clarity and a path forward after your device becomes end-of-life. In the coming days we will be reaching out to impacted users via email with special offers. Keep an eye out for those emails as they will contain more details about these offers and instructions on how to take advantage of them.

For those who may not have read this new policy or have questions about how this may impact you, I encourage you to take a look here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf?cid=a&cid=a

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

Thank you,

JamesC

1,510 REPLIES 1,510
Boshkung
Initiate
Initiate

Totally agree with CTSNicholas.  I have 4 perfectly good VMC3030's, 2 Arlo Q's (designated for EOL Jan1 2024) and 2 Arlo Essential cameras.  I have been spreading the good word about Arlo for 10 years, but effective immediately, that message will be a cautionary one.   I spoke with Arlo today, and they refused to offer me a deal on new units.   I will be buying new cameras, but they sure as Hell won't be Arlo.

alexmereness
Star
Star

Looks like a few sites are picking up the Arlo news….hopefully more do. 

https://www.androidpolice.com/old-arlo-cameras-end-of-life/  

https://9to5google.com/2023/01/02/arlo-end-of-life-policy/ 

KTwins
Initiate
Initiate

Two reasons I chose Arlo. Wireless rechargable, and free cloud storage.  
How can they do this when we spent hundred or dollars on their systems? I’ve even added cameras due to my original reasons.  
This is a bunch of crap and there must be something we can collectively do. I used to highly recommend these to friends. Now I feel bad if they bought these.  I plan to write reviews on websites to make sure everyone knows this and will stay away.  

lenard777
Star
Star

Arlo just made one of the worst decisions in your history and  your greed will probably cost you the company. You will lose at least half of your customer base if you persist in  continuing to remove the 7 day recording of camera movements. There are so many competitive companies now offering wireless security cameras that you do not stand a chance to stay in the competition. Your company will eventually fail just like your stock prices have fallen 66%

JerzeyJohn
Apprentice
Apprentice

@alexmereness Thanks for sharing this!

I’m hoping that upset users continue to put pressure in the form of blogs, online articles, and continue to contact other media sources and leave negative reviews (Amazon and ARLO apps).

Also, I’m sure there is an attorney on this forum somewhere who has been negatively affected. A lot of people have mentioned law suits, but I’m wondering if there is an attorney who is pissed off enough to help lead the effort. 

JerzeyJohn
Apprentice
Apprentice

@alexmereness Thanks for sharing this!

I’m hoping that upset users continue to put pressure in the form of blogs, online articles, and continue to contact other media sources and leave negative reviews (Amazon and ARLO apps).

Also, I’m sure there is an attorney on this forum somewhere who has been negatively affected. A lot of people have mentioned law suits, but I’m wondering if there is an attorney who is pissed off enough to help lead the effort. 

zz97
Initiate
Initiate

Couldn't agree more.  I've been looking to add purchasing additional new cameras until I receive this email.  Instead, I'll be replacing all of my Arlo cameras with something else.  

rockjim33
Tutor
Tutor

Some people with IT backgrounds are defending that this is legal, and I am sure it is. I have been in software for most of my career, and now I own a CBD company... Netgear is making terrible business decisions. So many people will leave. They say they are going to EOL these devices over security concerns but say we can store our video on the new cloud if we pay... so what is the security concern? Sounds like the EOL is the free service...

They should offer the people that bought more expensive Arlo cameras something. If you can afford to offer a service for $10/month, couldn't you come up with one for us that records for 7 days or 2 days for free or $1/month? A grandfathered rate not available to others? Or a discount on new hardware that works the same as what we have? Shouldn't we just need a new base station? No way to discuss options with support as well is pretty lame as well. I am pretty sure it is time to get some cameras from another company... 

wy4j
Initiate
Initiate

I just ordered 2 Wyze cameras from Amazon and at $29 with next day free shipping I could not pass up on the deal. I have a couple of friends who swear by them and been looking at these for quite a while. Just like everyone else, I will never purchase or recommend an Arlo product again and will go out of my way to alert everyone I can of their devious business practices.

alexmereness
Star
Star

We need to hit their socials….comment on every post they make. That’s what I’ve been doing. 
https://www.facebook.com/arlosmarthome/?mibextid=LQQJ4d 

johnnyb6505
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased my arlo system in 2019! Now your telling me that all the services I paid for in your product description are going away? Please tell me where to sign up for the CAL. And why would anyone want to "upgrade" or purchase anymore Arlo products after this train wreck end of life policy? What a rip off!!!

redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

i didn't get the email, so thank you for posting that.  I just posted in the Q board and then after that I see all these "related content" links.   I guess Q is later EOL.   7 day free cloud storage was my Arlo draw too.

KLFL
Initiate
Initiate

End of this customer. Been thinking of dropping them anyway because of their glitchy software. Adios My Friend 

redsoxfan44
Apprentice
Apprentice

..."I recently received notifications that both Chrome and Edge won't be updated on my W7 "

I got that too.  I 'm happy that Chrome won't be updated any more.  Don't need updates.   It's fine as-is, but that will spur other providers to follow suit.  Could be one that I need, but not likely.  Most of these updates are overkill -- especially based on safe usage habits.       I suppose I might want or need HTML/CSS enhancements if websites start depending on such features that I don't have.  That should take awhile though.  I'll go back to FireFox if needed.  

Kevinintx
Star
Star

class action

jb66
Initiate
Initiate

End of Life after 4 years is a joke after spending over $1,000 on a system.

End of Life which continues to offer through a subscription what was touted as free cloud storage is nothing short of a scam.

I’m not ever spending a cent on Arlo and - being someone often asked about who I recommend because friends know I have a system - I will everything in my power to steer people away from Arlo.

This is greed (badly) disguised as something normal. When you realised you’ve never been the customer. 

CForce
Initiate
Initiate

Really Arlo? Who made that bonehead Corporate decision? Forcing me to buy significantly more expensive cameras (and base stations) if I were to stay with your company, which of course I will not and you have motivated me to spend the energy on legal and whatever 'do not buy' publicity I can generate online. Looking at this forum, Reddit, etc, I am not the only one you've motivated with this stupid action.

Doug_Phoenix
Star
Star

Hi @johnnyb6505 

I purchased my system in July 2019. I’m as unhappy as everyone else.

Scott375
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't find the EOL list. The email told me to go to Settings>Security Center, but there is no "Security Center" in Settings. Where do I find the list? A sample of my 3 cameras is 4893637WA1F2A. Thanks. Scott

Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice

Share this with family, friends, Facebook, instagram, email.

Sye46
Apprentice
Apprentice
JK54321
Initiate
Initiate

In 40 years, I have never seen a company abuse its customers in order to pummel them into submission. Burying us in dozens of notifications each and every day, while limiting our ability to turn off notifications to a shameful 24 hours or less is beyond anything I’ve seen in 40 years in business and in marketing. I will throw your product in the garbage and proclaim your abuse to any who will listen before I will ever pay Arlo a nickel in monthly subscriptions. Especially when this abuse was not declared upfront and only began 5 months after I bought the product and could no longer return it.  Seriously shameful decision by the management of this company Arlo. May it backfire, I pray.

vantheaoa
Guide
Guide

Totally agree.  How can this be legal? 

vantheaoa
Guide
Guide

I agree.  My cameras work fine.  Arlo is forcing us to upgrade or lose the investment we made in our systems.  is this legal? 

TKlopf
Initiate
Initiate

I am also disappointed in current Arlo attempt to extract user fees with a bogus EOL claim. I have the Pro system with 4 cameras which have been working great. I bought it because of the small free picture storage offered by Arlo. I had been considering adding the Arlo doorbell but requiring a subscription is a non- starter. Google offers a free 3hours of rolling storage for their Nest 2nd generation doorbell.