Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

simonjf
Follower
Follower

I have just received an email about the End Of Life policy. If this is actually what is going to happen then I need to follow up with all my friends and family, social media connections to advocate against Arlo, and search for an alternative company and service, likely starting my own online storage service for them with appropriate security cameras.

Additionally, contacts at Arlo seem to be designed to prevent actual communication - which has the stink of a company that hates its customers.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

New, updated information is now available regarding the EoL policy that is very relevant to much of the discussion taking place here in this community thread. These changes will allow Arlo legacy users who currently have 7-day storage service to continue receiving that service, uninterrupted.

I encourage you all to visit https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf and read up on these changes.

Thank you,

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hello Arlo Community,

With the recently announced Arlo end-of-life policy, we understand many of you are seeking more clarity and a path forward after your device becomes end-of-life. In the coming days we will be reaching out to impacted users via email with special offers. Keep an eye out for those emails as they will contain more details about these offers and instructions on how to take advantage of them.

For those who may not have read this new policy or have questions about how this may impact you, I encourage you to take a look here: https://downloads.arlo.com/images/PDFs/EOL_Policy/arlo-end-of-life-policy-021023.pdf?cid=a&cid=a

If you've not received a discount offer via email, visit https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html and enter your email address, if your account is eligible you will then receive the discount offer via email.

Thank you,

JamesC

1,510 REPLIES 1,510
ArloSucksNow
Guide
Guide

Couldn’t agree more.  Same here…had recommended Arlo to all friends and family, but can no longer do so due to this horrible EOL policy for a VMC4030 camera bought 3 years ago!!

Stretchgold
Initiate
Initiate

I just got off the phone with Arlo Support.  The bottom line is if you have a paid subscription, the EOL cameras will be supported, however, there will not be any further firmware updates.

I will watch to see if this is true when the EOL dates come and go!!

Embeeous
Star
Star

We currently have five (5) VMC 3030 cameras with no subscription.

With the end of life announcement, what Arlo cameras are available to replace these cameras but still provide the same functionality, storage and access without a subscription?

bu77et100
Initiate
Initiate

I’m on the same boat. Online recording, albeit only 7 days, is enough for me to stay with Arlo. I’m changing to a completely different system now. 
I can’t recommend this brand anymore.

ArloSucksNow
Guide
Guide

I work in cybersecurity and deciding not to provide firmware patches to secure our 3 year old VMC4030 cameras seems awful shady!l

NCrush
Initiate
Initiate

I agree 100%. I am absolutely furious with Arlo and Netgear for doing this and I will never purchase anything from them ever again. Friends and family look to me for technology-related recommendations and I won't mince words about what a terrible company Arlo is and STRONGLY discourage anyone I know from purchasing their products and services. 

I can't even contact a real person there. They just sent an email telling us to pound sand as they brick our cameras. Do they really expect us to buy new devices and services from them when they show us just how they treat loyal customers?

ScamCo
Initiate
Initiate

What a surprise. Arlo **bleep**s on its loyal day 1 customers that put it on the map. Anything other than Arlo is now an option. Good riddance. 

Blacre
Initiate
Initiate

Received the same email.  It's total BS.  I too will be shopping for other products. I have not been super happy with the delayed Arlo recordings and notifications anyway.  Goodbye soon Arlo.

fck2factorid
Initiate
Initiate

Well, as far as i'm concerned, the sky has fallen for Arlo. I never liked the fact that Arlo required you to store video on their servers, and THIS is the reason why. Now they're going to stop it. Local storage just doesn't cut it. All a thief has to do is pull the SD card after a break-in, and you have no evidence.

userpnw
Guide
Guide

you now have to pay or move to another camera system that’s the point this end of life is a money grab by arlo

ArloSucksNow
Guide
Guide

I work in cybersecurity and deciding not to provide firmware patches to secure our 3 year old VMC4030 cameras seems awful shady!

nsonly
Initiate
Initiate

I bought two arlo systems several years ago. Now I get an EOL email. wtf is this about? I spent $800 on these camera and all work great. Now in April you are telling me they will be useless? Maybe you should replace them with new ones then. I guarantee I will NOT be paying and wasting my money on more of this BS. You should be a shamed of yourself. Guess I am on the hunt for some ring cameras. I heard they work alot better anyhow.

userpnw
Guide
Guide

Yes that’s a good message for Arlo screwing over it’s customers!

userpnw
Guide
Guide

Time for a class action lawsuit for breach of contract against Arlo!

ArloWontCharge
Star
Star

Could not agree more. The constant battery charging issues and terrible support have long made me want to switch to a different system, but owning a bunch of cameras has made me stick with Arlo for add on cameras. But this is likely the last straw for me.

jerbeck24
Tutor
Tutor

100% agree with this! I even had many people in my family buy these based on my recommendation. I feel terrible! No more updates, cloud storage or anything is insane. Guess I'll be recommending a different company from now on...

joeykraj
Guide
Guide

I'm contacting my attorney this week to discuss options.  Seems like this should be a class action lawsuit.

jerbeck24
Tutor
Tutor

100% agree with this! I even had many people in my family buy these based on my recommendation. I feel terrible! No more updates, cloud storage or anything is insane. Guess I'll be recommending a different company from now on...Do they think we'll just by more cameras just to have this happen again in a few years???

Smharp
Initiate
Initiate

I think it’s lawyer time.  I have the original boxes that say free 7 day cloud storage all over it.  

false advertising. 

Smore
Tutor
Tutor

Totally unacceptable! Over $1000 spent and 3 or 4 years later no support, no firmware updates or cloud storage as promised was included at time of purchase? Never will I deal with this company in the future for replacement cameras or any other product. What a fraud! 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

End of life security and/or home automation equipment should be FREE or HIGHLY DISCOUNTED.

I have Arlo cameras, Reolink Cameras, SmartThings Home Automation, and SimpliSafe for my alarm company. So far Reolink and SimpliSafe both have had end of life products and both companies replaced the equipment for FREE!

In fact, SimpliSafe not only replaced all my equipment, but they also let me get a water leak sensor, Temp sensor, and a Wifi lock all for FREE.

We need answers on this.... it appears to be a money grab!

What functions are we losing?

Will we have to pay full price to upgrade the EOL cameras?

MichaelRo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Completely agree. Received this message few minutes ago. Basically removing a promised free cloud storage feature to make us pay for new cameras. 

They should reimburse us for the cost of all these cameras.  $1-2k for many people. 

EOL is a joke excuse.  When I purchased Arlo cameras at the beginning, the decision to buy was entirely because of the promised lifelong cloud storage. There was no “asterisk” that it may be removed in the future etc.  this feature was part of the purchase agreement.

if Arlo doesn’t resolve this, there must be a class action solution  

I’m livid. 

Tled55
Initiate
Initiate

I too have the older products and just received the Wire free doorbell as a Christmas gift. I was a happy camper until I received the email. The free 7 days was a big selling point for me but the fact that updates will stop is unacceptable. I have 4 cameras plus the doorbell and purchased skins, solar panels, etc. It has been an investment over time. I have sung Arlo's praises so co-workers, friends, and relatives made purchases as a result. I hope Arlo will make things right by their loyal customers.

Smore
Tutor
Tutor

Totally unacceptable! Over $1000 spent and 3 or 4 years later no support, no firmware updates or cloud storage as promised was included at time of purchase? Never will I deal with this company in the future for replacement cameras or any other product. My Arlo Q's slated for Jan 2024 EOL  as well ? What a fraud! F#*K you arlo. Replace our cameras with storage for free!

powrby4d
Star
Star

I have 15 of the EOL cameras of which about a dozen are active, as well as a subscription. So a significant investment in Arlo products.  No more.  Going to switch to a solution that doesn't abandon its customers.  

Not another dollar from me, Arlo.  Way to kill off your own brand.