Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AntmanXP
Star
Star

Arlo Team,

Due to security concerns, I'm hesitant to release my userid and passwords for my Arlo system to external 3rd party vendors/partners.  Is it possible to activate these partners access by use of encripted passcodes that are generated by the Arlo App?  For instance, when I want to connect my Smart TV to my YouTube account, I don't enter my password into the TV, but I would enter a passcode (or scan a QR Code) that is generated by the YouTube app (or webpage) that is already authorized, and the TV obtains authorization to access my account from that.  They don't actually store my password directly, which reduces your exposure to partner website hacking.  Is this something Arlo/Netgear would consider?

Thanks,

AntmanXP

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AntmanXP,

Currently, this is not an Arlo feature. Consider posting your idea in the Arlo Idea Exchange so that other users who would like to see this implemented can add Kudos.

JamesC

AntmanXP
Star
Star

JamesC,

Thanks for the feedback.  I thought I had originally submitted this to the Arlo Idea Exchange.  I will re-submit the comment there.

Thanks,

Anthony.