Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
cody
Star
Star

I am unable to the email notifications off. I've done everything it says to do, and it still send motion notifications.

Regards,

**bleep** dixon

8 REPLIES 8
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Cody,

In hopes of gaining clarity to "I've done everything it says to do", you have gone to:

1) Settings > Rules

2) Click on pencil icon to the right of the camera name (serial number)

3) Scroll down and select "To this list" under "AND do the following:"

4) Ensure there is a black check mark next to the email address you are attempting to stop the alerts for.

Are you referring to Push notifications for your mobile device? If so, currently there is no way to disable push notification. However, we are working on adding the ability to disable them in a future release of the mobile app.

Does this help?

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

One more thing Cody,

One last step for disabling email alerts is to click "Save" in the upper right corner of the page.

That is an important step! 🙂

Keep me posted if you need further assistance!

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
cody
Star
Star
There is still the same problem. At the previous mentioned point it says "do nothing". Please help. This has to be fixed.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cody wrote:

I am unable to the email notifications off. I've done everything it says to do, and it still send motion notifications.

If you are unable to turn of the email notifications, try deleting the email address.

If there's no email address the program can't send notifications

SETTINGS, RULES, CAMERA ( pencil for edit ), TO THIS LIST and then remove your address ( or edit off by clicking off check mark )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

The 'trick' to this one might be to hit save twice.   I recall when I was removing my work email address...I had to make it go black first by clicking it....then hit save.....then hit save again on the next screen.  If you go back in the email address will be gone.  If it still shows then you still get the emails.

They probably need to work on that interface a little.

Rolydamian
Initiate
Initiate

I cannot figure out how to stop notifications from appearing on my Iphone every time there is motion.   They are very annoying, the only thing I have been able to do is shut off the motion detection, but then what is the use of the system?  Arlo seems to have created the system to operate where people have very fixed schedules, which we do not.  I simply want recordings made whenever there is motion, which I can go back and review if there is any reason to do so!  Not constant messages every time my housekeeper is vacuuming the rug!  I previously had the Netgear Vuezone system, and this was not a problem.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The problems you seem to be having are either the IOS Push feature or email notifications which both can be turn off... you didn't say which.

try and read/do this and it will help for the PUSH messgs, they are turned off in the phone;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-enable-and-disable-Arlo-push-notificat...

As for email, settings are at SETTINGS, RULES, pick camera to Edit (pencil), Send Email to this list (click arrow), toggle off the email adress, then SAVE

Morse is faster than texting!
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I had problems deleting Friends' e-mail address from the cameras' rules even after making their text colors back and saving twice. I fixed by deleting all the rules and recreating them (tedious and annoying). Arlo's web site is pretty bad in terms of usability and bugs. 😞

I noticed iOS apps' notifications only work with the original/primary e-mail address that signed up. Friends' e-mail addresses do not work. Also, Friends accounts do not get all access options from granted administrative rights! 😞