Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email video link has expired

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BOOHOO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have just gone into my email and it says that the cameras have detected motion during today but when I go to view it it says that the link has expired...I am paid up (there were two deductions at the end of December...so how can I view what happened today. Thanks Linda

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't say what service level you have... but for homes, its 7 days, 30 days, and 60 days of storage.

If the number of days exceed your service level, the videos are automatically deleted and gone.

BTW, links which you can use for others only last 24 hours...but the videos should be in the library for you number of days allowed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BOOHOO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi...it is irrelevant, the reason being was that the videos were made yesterday and they have disappeared before I looked at them and also there are videos from the day before and back that are still available...it would appear that somebody else has accessed it and caused it to happen...but I do not know for sure...BooHoo   

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you saying that you use the emailed link and it's disappeared or you actually go to the library via app or browser and the videos aren't there?

BOOHOO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both...I received emails which alerted me to the fact that motions had been detected but when I went into the emails I couldn't view them as it said something such as Link Expired...and also when I then went to the Library there was nothing there...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try a power cycle of the base but I suspect that you'll have to open a case with support.