Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email alerts from both cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AM28
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo cameras outside—one on front porch, one on back deck. Whenever there’s movement on the front porch camera, I simultaneously get 2 email alerts— one showing the activity at the front porch AND one email showing the back deck-even though there is never anything or any movement going on back there. Why do I get emails for both cameras instead of just the one where’s there’s activity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AM28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it to work... thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode are you using? Do you have a custom mode set up and in use? Have you tried power cycling the base?

AM28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both cameras are in “armed” mode meaning if either detects motion, it records for 20 seconds and sends an email alert.  There is no custom mode set. 

Again the issue is that the back deck camera will simultaneously record and send an alert when there is activity on the other camera, not itself. 

What is “power cycling the base”?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cycle the base power using the power switch.

If that doesn't fix the issue, you may need to reset the system and start fresh.

AM28
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried turning off the power switch, unplugging, then replugging, and turning power switch on. Is that what ‘cycling the power base’ is?

That didn’t work though. How do you reset the system?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

AM28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I’ve now done all that, but now I’m not getting email alerts. How do you reset that up?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you're using the Armed mode, you should be getting them by default. If you are using a custom mode you need to re-add a rule for the camera.  Either way, Mode tab, select your base and edit your modes. Be sure to save.

AM28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got it to work... thanks for your help!