Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email Alerts Suddenly Stopped Working?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pf123
Aspirant
Aspirant

My email alerts suddely stopped, how do I fix this? was on chat for 2 hours, no results!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gonna have to recommend opening a case with support here. It doesn't sound like there's a known reason for this.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What email service are you using? Have you checked your spam folder? Have you tried restarting your base?

pf123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing I’ve done resolves this issue. Emails are whitelisted, I've tried resetting the base station (hard and soft), reset my password, re-syncing cameras and no change. The cameras still record changes but no email alerts, not even low battery warnings. I’m ready to trash this product, telling (2) other family members I recommended Arlo to, to throw them away! We’re all stuck with a product that just stopped functioning for no reason.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email notifications are sent due to your selection of them in your modes and rules. If they're not coming through, try adding a second address for testing, using a different email provider. If that works, it's not an Arlo problem but one for the email service provider to fix.

pf123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you 1st for your help! Have 2 emails setup, not in spam, not blocked, in my whitelist, no problem before last month. Reset base staion multiple times, deleted/re-added emails, still no alerts. Noticed this on 2 other recommeded Arlos, 2 different ISPs, same result since last month. All 3 appear to be now trash.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gonna have to recommend opening a case with support here. It doesn't sound like there's a known reason for this.

pf123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for all your help! Created a help desk ticket with Arlo.netgear