Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Sincity
Guide
Guide

Has anyone taken a camera apart? Is it easy? Since AC power is not an option, I'd like to convert one. Would a USB powersupply supply enough voltage/amperage?

103 REPLIES 103
RingRunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera will be mounted under the top of a gable eave, facing the house, on a detached garage with power but no other connectiviy to the house.  Lots of activity means lots of uploading and that eats up batteries - was going through a set of batteries a month.  Liked the Arlo system's ease of use, auto recording, mobile app, geofencing, and wireless networking capabilities.  Not hundreds on the market that meet all of these needs.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Guess thats best solution for you then

I too record lots, 20-46 x 120 sec recordings per 24 hr period, but my cams are easy to get at so rechargeable batteries do the trick for me, needing to be recharged about every 2 weeks.

Gerry_D
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's like this, we bought it, thought it was the best, but at $3+ per battery times 4 per camera about every other month, well you do the math.

Yes I bought one of the USB powered ones as well. But they didn't have them when I got the first ones.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

thats why the recommended Tenergy 3.7 gold colored rechargeable batteries pay for themselves quickly even though you'll al need the charger as well.