Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Don't see my old Arlo systems' new granted accesses in my brand new Arlo account.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I just signed up for a brand new Arlo account. Wow, it looks very different in both iOS app and web site compared to my old original Arlo and Pro 2 accounts (2015 and 2018).

Anyways, I granted and accepted both of the old Arlo systems' accesses for this brand new account. However, these old Arlo systems do not show up in the new Arlo account after granting access. What's wrong? 😞

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All accounts being used for Grant Access need to be on the same user interface (UI). The current app supports both the old UI that uses Library to view recordings as well as the new UI that uses Feed. You'll need to migrate the old accounts to the new UI so all sharing works. Log into them and choose to add a Pro 5, security system or any Essential Gen. 2 cameras, even though you don't have any of those. The first step is to migrate the account after which you can back out of the bogus install. 

Once the migrations are done, the common login (the one you use most) needs to click on Home near the top of the screen and choose one of the other Home locations. Each account gets a default Home location so you have to choose the appropriate one. Renaming Home on each of the accounts would make that more obvious.

Another solution is to simply share between the existing accounts unless you really need that 3rd account for some reason. That way no migration is needed.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

In https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Don-t-see-my-old-Arlo-systems-new-granted-accesses-in-my-br..., I was told I won't be able to downgrade/revert if I don't want the new UI. I wonder when Arlo will force all legacy account users to the new UI since I might just wait for them to do it.

What did you mean by "Another solution is to simply share between the existing accounts unless you really need that 3rd account for some reason. That way no migration is needed." The reason for the third account is that I only can get iPhone's notifications per Arlo e-mail address account as I discovered yesterday after updating Arlo's iOS app a few days ago.  My family and I used to be able to get notifications on all of them. 😞

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ant wrote:

What did you mean by "Another solution is to simply share between the existing accounts unless you really need that 3rd account for some reason. That way no migration is needed." The reason for the third account is that I only can get iPhone's notifications per Arlo e-mail address account as I discovered yesterday after updating Arlo's iOS app a few days ago.  My family and I used to be able to get notifications on all of them. 😞

@jguerdat was likely thinking the accounts were using "Library". My understanding is that your new account is using Feed.  If that is correct, then sharing to/from an account using Library won't work.