Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

One quick question whilst I finally decide if I stay with Arlo or not, since starting in 2014. It's been a bumpy ride!

Guessing we should get BOTH EOL offers as any camera upgrade will be useless without a sub. So can someone please confirm this and let me know on exactly which date both offers expire and also if you should buy the cameras first then do the sub in case the code disappears?? Not happy it's only the monthly rate that qualifies either.

Any  help would be much appreciated as I cannot find anything about this anywhere.

Cheers

Australia

5 REPLIES 5
Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry have been away, so to take up offer/s will miss out on the 30 day trial so would like to purchase sub as late as I can if indeed I can do this with discount. Seems not fair to pay for sub when I won't have received the cameras yet, if this makes any sense.

Here's a copy of the offer received:

'Also, to say thank you for being an Arlo customer, we are extending the offers we sent out in the original email. The first is 50% off any Arlo camera or video doorbell (limit 5 devices) available on Arlo.com — just click "Redeem Product Offer" and enter code PROEOL-xxxxxxxx at checkout to redeem.* The second is 75% off any Arlo Secure subscription service for 12 months available on Arlo.com.**'

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Username666 

That's a great question. If you like you can use whichever code you want first. It sounds like you want to use the hardware code then the subscription code after the trial period, that's a great move. You can absolutely do this and reach back out to me if you have any issues. 

Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Hi ShaneS

Thanks for your reply, sorry I have only just seen it.

I can't remember if the EOL offer end date is the 1st or the 4th July 23??

Are you saying if I do stick with Arlo and upgrade the cameras that the 75% off subscription fee offer will still be available to me after the cams have arrived AND after the trial period has elapsed?? Won't it disappear??

Thanks J

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I verified with the team and unfortunately the following restrictions still apply:

"Product offer code valid for one time use until July 4, 2023 on arlo.com in the U.S. only. Must click through email and add promo code at checkout to see discount in cart. Discount applicable to up to 5 Arlo cameras or video doorbell products only. Cannot be combined with other promotions, including ID.me discount and Arlo subscribers 10% discount. Exclusions apply, while supplies last. 

Subscription offer is applied at checkout and is valid until July 4, 2023 on Arlo Secure unlimited camera plan, Arlo Secure single camera plan, Arlo Secure Plus plan, or Arlo Safe and Secure Pro plan only. Discounted monthly price applicable to first 12 months only and does not apply to annual plans. After first 12 months, plan will automatically renew at full price unless canceled. Arlo subscription begins immediately upon redemption of offer. Discount may only be applied once. Exclusions apply. Must download Arlo Safe App and log in with Arlo account used for purchase in order to access Arlo Safe service for Arlo Safe and Secure Pro plan. Arlo service plan features and pricing are subject to change. "

Username666
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your response.

I was hoping for more - maybe a coupon or code where the paid sub could start after receiving cams and using the free trial which is normally included with purchase.

And definitely not a good way to go about this is it? NO free trial (only 30 days in Aus compared with 3 months in US for all but Ultra 2) and up to 7 business days wasted as sub starts straight away when you don't even have the cams yet.

But, please explain if I am missing something as I have never needed to pay for a subscription before so not sure how it actually works:

Does the paid sub only start upon downloading the latest Arlo UI/App??? ie so NO free trial but paid sub won't start until I have activated it once I receive cams??

Loyalty?.??......offer ends in Australia today........