Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does CVR work with this old base station (VMS3330W)?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cassera
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo Wireless 3 camera system (VMS3330W model) and I just purchased an Arlo Pro 2 camera as an add on and am waiting for it to arrive. I was wondering if CVR on this Pro 2 and the full 1080p resolution would be supported on this old base station.

Also, when I try to look up CVR plans, I don't see them anywhere. I only see the 30 day or 60 day smart plans. Will the CVR plan automatically pop up and be visible once I receive the Pro 2 camera and connect it? Because i can't find it anywhere right now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The free plan is based on the total number of cameras in your account so the 3 existing and the new Pro 2 fits in fine.

However, CVR isn't stored like your motion recordings. It's a separate service that has to be subscribed to. You would go into your subscription in Settings and subscribe to CVR for 1 camera and add the Pro 2 to it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Don't forget the Pro camera has to be plugged into power.

Cassera
Aspirant
Aspirant
So seeing as I have the 7 day free storage with the basic arlo...when I get the Pro 2 camera and install it, would the continuous recording on the Pro 2 be stored on the 7 day free storage that came with the basic arlo cameras?

Or would I have to upgrade to a plan....and which plan would i need? Because currently, i don't see any "CVR" plans listed anywhere on the website.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The free plan is based on the total number of cameras in your account so the 3 existing and the new Pro 2 fits in fine.

However, CVR isn't stored like your motion recordings. It's a separate service that has to be subscribed to. You would go into your subscription in Settings and subscribe to CVR for 1 camera and add the Pro 2 to it.