Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do I need to create a new Arlo account for six cameras when I have one already for only lights?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JanisGeek
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo Pro 2 (VMS4630P) - 6 camera system. I want to make sure I register it correctly so that I can have all 6 cameras on the free account. I read that you have to have a new account (new email address) in order to have all 6 cameras in a free account. A few days ago I purchased the Arlo Security Light System and bought an extra Arlo security light to go with it. Do I still need to have a new account to have all 6 of my cameras on the free account, since I already have an Arlo account with only Arlo lights and no previous cameras? I was hoping since I didn’t have any previous cameras listed (just Arlo Security Lights) that perhaps I do not need to start a new account in order to get all 6 of my Arlo Cameras on the free account? Also, I’m not sure of the steps required to register the 6 camera bundle system (VMS4630P). Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It is likely you'll need the new account but you could work with support (go to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Support") to see if they can enable the 6 camera system on your current account which maintaining the Basic free subscription plan.

The lights don't count as cameras so you should be able to use the 6 cameras plus lights on the free subscription plan