Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station offline AGAIN!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Raesv1
Star
Star

Well my base station is offline again. It actually worked correctly for almost a week this time. I’m sick of this. Worked great for two years and now nothing but problems with the base station, cameras, pass words, apps since March. Going through tons of batteries because I keep having to resync over and over again. Not a week has gone by with out something being wrong with it. It seems to be mostly the regular Arlo cameras so I guess Arlo is trying to brick those to force us to upgrade to newer models. No, I will not be giving Arlo or Netgear any more of my money. I will be getting another brand of cameras because this was the last straw. I depend on these cameras and they have become a joke. 

7 REPLIES 7
acbreedlove
Initiate
Initiate

I too have the same problem. Just happened. I thought yhe base unit died. Bought another one and same problem. The status of base station is offline snd i cannot sync any camers up. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Troypeach2
Initiate
Initiate
Not happy this is now very disappointing as like mentioned why is this only happening to the original cameras without all of us starting off with these original systems Arlo would not be where it is now. I feel if the old cameras are not compatible then Arlo should replace them updated before we all choose another brand as many other wireless option out there now.
Raesv1
Star
Star

They’re just junk now. By doing a factory reset AGAIN and going up and down ladders and bringing the cameras near the base and syncing them AGAIN (12th. time since March) I was able to get 4 of my 6 cameras back up. I can only view them on the website though because according to my app I still need to add the base station even though I’ve done it three times in the past 30 minutes, so nothing shows up on the app at all. And of course all this syncing will kill my batteries AGAIN. I’m right now looking into other cameras NOT made by Netgear and Arlo. This was the last straw for me. It’s sad that a company that I relied on has fallen this far. I urge every one to go on Amazon and anywhere else where you can place reviews and tell your story. They’re still selling devices off of the good reviews when they had good service but they do not have good service any more so let people know so they don’t get scammed into spending their money. 

David_IOW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am suffering from exactly the same problem. Whilst on holiday the base unit went offline. When I got home found all the lights green and no problems with the router and modem. Only way to get it working again was a reset and syncing the cameras again. Four days later the base unit is back offline again. As yet I have not contacted support, but that will be the next thing I do.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

vmagno
Tutor
Tutor

I agree with you! Their reliability is a joke! It's as if they have a timer on their systems to force you to buy from them again. I will look for a different brand as well.

vmagno
Tutor
Tutor

Amen, I'm going to post my bad amazon reviews soon. I've had similar problems as you.