Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
batgirl001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Gen 1 system that was grandfathered in for free cloud storage.  I just added the video doorbell. Do I need a subscription for all the cameras now or can I just get it for the doorbell? Any advice would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You only need it for the doorbell but the other cameras will be included (assuming the total number of cameras doesn't exceed what you subscribed for). If you do have excess cameras, you can simply deactivate them so others have all features.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You only need it for the doorbell but the other cameras will be included (assuming the total number of cameras doesn't exceed what you subscribed for). If you do have excess cameras, you can simply deactivate them so others have all features.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

You only need it for the doorbell but the other cameras will be included (assuming the total number of cameras doesn't exceed what you subscribed for).

Just to clarify this:  You can just get a single-camera subscription to the doorbell if you like, and continue to use the free cloud recording on your older cameras.  Just pay for the subscription when the trial runs out.

If you get a five-camera license, you can put some (or maybe all) of your existing cameras onto the subscription plan.

The caveat is that if you have more than five cameras that aren't on a paid subscription, then you lose the free cloud storage.  So you do need to pay attention to that if you add additional cameras (Gen 1, pro, or pro2).  Pro3, Ultra, and likely all future cameras don't offer free storage.