Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
adikom
Guide
Guide

Do Arlo cameras record 24/7?

Obviously not, and not only my arlo cameras ...

It looks as if the cloud memory space is nearly up to 100% used, but Arlo did not inform me (or else Arlo thinks that it's first message "no space" is still valuable, although at that time I reacted and freed cloud space by deleting clips; and consequently arlo stored new clips again ... and did not inform me of anew "close to 100% space used".

Why don't you delete clip according to the rule "first come, first go".

With the actual arlo management, it happens - I am sure not only to me - that absolutely important situations are not recorded.

If Arlo will not change this user-unfriendly management habit, Arlo should give the user a possiblity to manage clip storage without the detour via the Arlo Cloud.

And now please do not answer like "Just because you don't have rapid changes doesn't mean things aren't going on in the background. They release updates after testing so things don't get worse. Even apple just had two updates days after IOS 9 came out."

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As I see it you ( at this time ) have only two options;

1) put your request into the request area and hope they act on it... more kudos is a better chance of fruition.

here; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

2) Upgrade from the basic service and then the options to auto delete are built in as the following jpg shows;

filesdelete.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------