Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I have two sets of cameras at two different locations with 2 separate internet connections. There is an Arlo Pro 3 system with 5 cameras at one location and an Arlo Pro 2 system with 4 cameras at the other location. For several weeks now all cameras on both systems frequently show "Your Arlo device appears offline" however I can see live video still playing behind the message. Obviously it's still getting the live feed. Recordings are still happening and there haven't been internet issues for other devices at either location. Is there some sort of Arlo outage that's been going on? It's to the point where the system is pretty much unusable for live viewing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we received reports from some users whose cameras appeared offline when using the Arlo web client. After investigating these cases, our team is happy to report that as of 3PM PT, the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience as our team worked through this analysis, and please let us know if you are continuing to experience offline issues when using the Arlo web client.  

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

slash128,

If you log out and log back in, does the device still show offline? Do you see this on both the web client and the mobile app?

JamesC

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Logging out and logging back in doesn't seem to change anything. It happens with both the iPhone app and Chrome browser and Internet Edge browser on two different laptops. Sometimes all the cameras show offline, sometimes just a few, sometimes none.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

This is still happening. Web interface shows devices offline but IOS app is showing all online...

dtomasi
Initiate
Initiate

Dashboard constantly reports my 3 cameras and base station as appearing off line, but they continue to work and record. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@slash128 wrote:

Web interface shows devices offline but IOS app is showing all online...

FWIW. I am seeing that too (but wasn't before). Oddly enough, the Arlo cloud also didn't log the phone app out when I logged in on the web.  The phone is running 3.6.4 (3405).

So there is something a bit weird going on.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I noticed that as well - when I log in from somewhere else, app or other browser, it usually kicks me out of any previous session, but that's not happening in the browser anymore... I've tried MS Edge, Chrome, Firefox and on two laptops, all showing all devices offline...

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has been a problem all day for me also. This is an ongoing problem (at least 2 years) , and it really, really needs to be fixed. 

C' mon Arlo, fix this! Some people rely on using your equipment through a computer. If you are not going to fix it,  you should let customers know your products cannot be used on a computer. 

Oh yeah, I log in every morning at work. Every morning you force me to enter a 6 digit code for verification, then ask me to trust this browser. Is this ever going to be fixed? It's been what, a year now?  If you are not going to fix it, let your customer know please.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're continuing to investigate these reports. You can review the status here: https://status.arlo.com/

Thanks,

JamesC

wswhite
Tutor
Tutor

Is anyone currently having this problem or had this problem in the past. Does anyone have a solution please and thanks?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we received reports from some users whose cameras appeared offline when using the Arlo web client. After investigating these cases, our team is happy to report that as of 3PM PT, the issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience as our team worked through this analysis, and please let us know if you are continuing to experience offline issues when using the Arlo web client.  

JamesC

5LO
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

This issue is still not resolved for me or my father. He lived in Portland and I live in Idaho.

We've cleared the cache in all browsers, tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, and Brave web browsers in both locations still can't see our cameras. Yet the status shows online. Rebooted both computers at both locations.

Suggestions?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

JamesC

I was still seeing this with Edge this morning. 

However, Edge showed a browser update was available.  I applied it, and then Arlo required me to retrust the browser.  Once I did that, the problem resolved.  

Not sure is the issue was linked to the trust, or the update.

5LO
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the reply.

The Arlo web services came back online for myself and my father earlier this morning.

So it looks like everything is back to normal.