Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Devices Not Connecting

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jennifermariesc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not get any of my devices to connect. I have 2 different base stations and niether one will connect. I have also found that 2 of your other priemum account holders are having the same issue. I need this corrected promptly because we just had an attempted child abduction in our neighborhood. I have had Spectrum come out and they have replaced our router twice with the same issue still occuring, so it is not a home router issue. Please advise I am desparate to get this working.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Details - we need to know what you see, what you've tried, error messages, LED indications, etc.

Are the power and Internet LEDs on the bases green or amber? When you try to sync, are you just briefly pressing the base sync button without holding it (holding it causes problkems)? When you press the camera sync button, what does the camera LED do?

jennifermariesc
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station led will be green to start off with, and the camera will blink blue very fast just like it is connecting. When it looks like it has connected and I look on the app or online the account shows no devices, and then the base station will have amber on all the lights. I have tried on both 2.4 and 5. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"the base station will have amber on all the lights" is an issue.  Power and Internet HAVE to be green. By any chance are you using the same power supply when changing bases?  That would point to a bad power supply.

jennifermariesc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both base stations each have thier own power supply, and are plugged into the same outlet as my Computer and Spectrum Router. Using all the original equipment that came with the base stations.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jennifermariesc,

Were these base stations connected and working on the same account previously? Has anything changed since?

JamesC