Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Deleted camera still visible in library cloud...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Itbehook
Guide
Guide
I have a five camera system that has worked flawlessly for some time. Two weeks ago one of the cameras suddenly went offline and completely stopped working. I put new batteries in the camera, opened the door, closed the door, restarted everything, called support to have them help me resolve the issue but in the end, the one camera was completely dead. They quickly initiated a case for me, quickly sent me a new camera (I send the old one back), deleted the old camera from my system, and then synced the new camera to my system without a problem. I changed the named of my new camera to the same name of the camera I deleted, "Side Gate", and it recorded once it detected motion... Seemed like everything worked. Well here is my problem... When I look at my camera is shows in the little green box that I have a video, I click on it and it takes me to my library, in my library it doesn't show the video. When I click on filter it shows two options for side gate, so it shows the old side gate and the new side gate. I have to select both to see the one video because I don't know which is the new camera and what is the old camera. It doesn't work like it used to. I used to click on the green box and it takes me to the date screen where it shows a green circle around the date I have video. It doesn't work like that now. Now I have to select the filter to see my video. It's annoying and really inconvenient.

I contacted support about the issue and they took it to the programmers. The support person made the effort but in the end, it wasn't a great solution to my problem. The solution I got from the programmer was that I had to rename my camera to a different name to get it to work. The support person suggested I register a new account with a different email address, re sync all my cameras, and start all over rather then have netgear simply code that once a camera is removed from the system it is also removed from the library cloud. This "fix" is absolutely unacceptable.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ltbehook,

The Arlo UI went through an extensive update as of this morning. After the update are you still experiencing this issue? Please let me know!

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ltbehook,

The Arlo UI went through an extensive update as of this morning. After the update are you still experiencing this issue? Please let me know!

JamesC