Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delete/Remove friend - Not working. Returns to grant access page on web. Shows error on iOS device.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mward1308
Star
Star

I have been unable to delete a friend for a couple of days now. When I attempt to delete from the webpage, the person is not removed and I am returned to the grant access page. When I attempt to delete on my iOS device I receive the message "We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again." Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mward1308,

Are you still experiencing this issue? Could you provide a screenshot that shows you're not able to remove your friend through your iOS device?

mward1308
Star
Star

Yes. I am still experiencing the issue. I have attached a screenshot.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for showing the screenshot for this. Could you try the following to see if this helps?

• On the web client on your computer, try on incognito mode or on a different browser
  • On the Arlo iOS app
    • Try on cellular data if it didn't work on WiFi or vice versa
    • Reboot your iPhone device
    • Reinstall your Arlo app
    • If you still experience issues, let me know your iPhone device and what iOS version you're running.
mward1308
Star
Star

Thanks for the suggestions, Jessica.

• Incognito mode did not work on the PC. 
  • Cellular vs. WiFi produced the same error. ("We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again.")
  • Reboot on all devices did not work.
  • Re-installation on all devices did not work. 
  • I have attempted on iPhone 11, iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 4 with iOS 13.5 on all devices
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.