Defective?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
trenda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased 2 VMC3050 about a month ago. I’ve contacted support 3 times for 2 different issues with the same camera. They refuse to replace an obviously defective camera (imo). I’m tech savvy enough to know how to set these up and if I wasn’t I’ve had enough troubleshooting from the agents for a lifetime.

If anyone can help with any of these issues I would appreciate it.

The activity zones have been set and deleted multiple times, they do not overlap and the camera still picks up movement and sends a notification outside the zones. I have a huge backyard and it’s mounted on the storage building facing the house so I have activity zones covering the entryways and windows but nothing else like a neighbors yard. The agent stated the camera is picking up tree movements and I explained the trees aren’t in the activity zones and well he didn’t have any other explanations. But no offer to replace. (I reset the activity zones as it asks me too after every unmount and charge.)

I charged the camera the other evening and when it finally made it to 100% I unplugged and mounted it outside immediately and when I checked the angle on my phone the camera battery was already at 70% from being off the charger less than 5 minutes. The agent asked me to unmount the camera and bring it inside for 24 hours next to the router. I told them I purchased these cameras because my neighborhood has gotten a little unsafe and I do not want to remove for 24 hours and asked why they suggested this. They said to check the connectivity which, is not the problem.

One of the agents said a supervisor would call me, that hasn’t happened either. One of the reasons I purchased these was I read the customer service was amazing. Idk who wrote that but they are definitely wrong.

So, I’m beginning to become annoyed with this customer service and hope one of you guys can help. Thanks 😊

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A typical issue is caused by reflected IR, usually the sun's. This can occur from passing vehicles but also from moving leaves, etc. The reflecting objects may well be outside your zones but the reflection itself is seen as inside. 

It appears you have some Essential Gen. 2 cameras but posted in the original wire-free section so verify your model - the solutions are the same but the reaction of the camera may differ. Regardless, reducing sensitivity during certain parts of the day and/or re-aiming the cameras can help. Remember that the sun moves over the seasons so this may not be necessary all year but the reduced sensitivity may still be sufficient even when it's not needed. Testing is required to verify whether it works for you.