Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continued Notification & Other Issues

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KayLor
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has been four months since my husband and I purchased the Arlo Wireless Camera System, which included the base.  It has been a very frustrating four months trying to set up, adjust and utilize the cameras for our use. 

We have yet to understand the basics including position mode, motion detection test, etc., etc., etc.  We also continue having issues with not receiving notifications on our cell phone when we activate the cameras for notification with motion detection.  It may work sporadically when testing it, but has rarely worked in real time usage.  No manual was or is available and trying to find answers in a Community with comments that date back years is extremely difficult, especially since it is impossible to only view recent comments/responses. 

We would love to show this off to family and friends and let them know how much we love them...but we cannot.  We would also love to use them regularly but we cannot since they do not function properly (ie:  motion picks up spiders but not people walking in the yard...go figure).  It is also strange that even after we turned off the cameras, the batteries continued to drain and died.  How can this be? 

Please Arlo/NetGear, please help your customers to properly understand and use your products.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KayLor,

You can find an online manual for both Arlo Wire-free and Arlo Q/Q Plus systems here: Where can I find the user manuals for the Arlo Wire-Free camera and Arlo Q?

Camera position can be a factor in motion detection performance. It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system. Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance? This may help with some of the issues you describe above.

If you need further assistance, please contact the Arlo Support Team for additional help. You can find information on how to contact support here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Skptic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought ArloPro (set of 3 for $499) from Costco 3 days back.  The Notification tone (audible alert) on my cell phone is getting dropped after several hours after the initial set up. It consistently detects motion and sends a video clip to the library which can be retrieved and watched.  What is missing is the audible alert.  In the Arlo app on my Google phone (LG Nexus), when I select a tone again (under Notification), the audible alert starts to work again.This has happened overnight twice in the last two days.  I'll keep it for a month and try to figure out the problem.  Except for this problem, I like the product and would like to keep it.  However, if the problem persists, I'll simply return it (as Costco will take it if returned within 90 days).  At this price I expect reliability.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds (no pun intended) like a phone issue, not an Arlo one.  The app doesn't drop the sound - you're the first to report this.  You can try restarting the phone and reinstalling the app to see if that helps.  Worst case, you may need to factory reset the phone but I wouldn't think that's necessary.  Can you try this on another device temporarily?