Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
markjano
Tutor
Tutor

I have enabled push on 3 devices. I have “Trusted” these devices.  Yet each time I open app I have to resend verification code and “trust” device again

what am I doing wrong Arlo?

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @markjano

Which version of the Arlo app, Phone, Model, OS are you using?

markjano
Tutor
Tutor

iPhone 11 version 14.2

MacBook version 11.0.1

I have had to RETRUST both devices twice this morning. This worked fine until you guys added this Non functioning feature.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

PeterBlake
Star
Star

The support team is useless and will have any solution to solve this problem. I was just given a link to make a complaint and even that does not work. 2 step auth~ has killed this program and I can no longer view security footage on my PC. Dumb ARLO App

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Bi @PeterBlake

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

PeterBlake
Star
Star

I spent over an hour on the online chat trying to solve the problem where I can no longer view my security footage on my PC. This stupid 2 step verification locked me out as it was connected to an old phone that had died and the codes were sent to the wrong place. The email verification also failed. The codes needed to be sent several times and you cant enter them properly into the boxes as they are white boxes on a white background and end up in the wrong place. This is a huge waste of time when I need to quickly view a security alert and then I have to go through all this time-wasting crap to try and view the risk. ARLO has destroyed the practical use of this system. There is no need for this stupid Fort Knox bank type security on my home cameras. It needs to be optional and not forced onto those that do not want it! I will be expanding my online review to warn people about this huge flaw.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@PeterBlake  Why not just turn it off, I did. 

PeterBlake
Star
Star

dcfox1, Thank you, that s exactly what I wanted to do, but I went to ARLO help chat and they told me it cannot be done. please tell me how to turn off this stupid 2 step authentication. Copy of support chat below. 

• Thank you for the information. Allow me to pull up your account. 12:08 PM, Going back to your concern, you wanted to turn off the 2-step verification method, correct? Arlo Webstore team
  • absolutely
  • Thank you for confirming.
  • With regard to that, unfortunately, we can no longer able to turn off the 2-step verification method. Apologies. Arlo Webstore team 12:09 PM
dcfox1
Master
Master

I just toggled it off in the @2FA setting in my profile. I had it set up in the fall to test but turned it off in Dec. I had mine for over a year so not sure if that toggle is disable for newer customers that set the cams up after the announcements. I don't think support would tell anyone they can turn it off for liability. Its a CYA thing.