Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connectivity & Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MunroRick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I've just been installing my Arlo (Model VMS3430) and one of the cameras is struggling to pick up the base station signal but its not possible to re-site the camera. 2 questions:

- does the base station need to remain plugged into the router with the ethernet cable following set up (if not i can re-site the base station)

- would a wifi extender work to improve the signal to the camera?

Thanks,

MunroRick

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can unplug the base and move it more central to all the cameras. When you reconnect it, the cameras should all connect.

The cameras connect directly to the base so a wifi extender won't help here BUT what you can do is use a wifi extender with an ethernet port to connect the base station to the internet in the most central part of the house relative to all of the cameras. Hope that helps

MunroRick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply....have moved the base station but its no longer got connection to the wifi/router......

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use a WiFi extender for the base as suggested above? The base must be connected via a cable to get to the Internet.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

As above, the base station must have an ethernet connection to something with internet access