Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
x3n0n102
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have baught the Arlo 1 with the VMB-3000 base and have now trouble connecting the app to the base hub.

1. i have it connected to my router via the ethernet connection

2. i tried power cyckling

3. i tried a hard reset

4. power light is green

5. network light is green with flickering sometimes, meaning it communicates with router

I tried the app and the website

I heard somewhere that you need to remove the hub from all the old accounts; that is not a possibility, so how do I do that? I can't connect the hub to the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without a subscription, official support is difficult to get but try the app to go to Settings, Support and select the base. Scroll down to Contacts to see what they offer. I'll tag the mods here, too:

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The original owner must remove the base from his account before you can add it to yours. Can you contact that person to see if it was properly removed?

x3n0n102
Aspirant
Aspirant

The inability to get in touch with the prior user is the issue. If Arlo technicians obtain the serial and mac number, is there a way for them to get into the database and delete the device from their account?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've never heard of them doing so without some sort of definitive proof.

x3n0n102
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know how to get in contact with them?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Without a subscription, official support is difficult to get but try the app to go to Settings, Support and select the base. Scroll down to Contacts to see what they offer. I'll tag the mods here, too:

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN