Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection problem caused by VPN (?)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
BmMdlk
Tutor
Tutor

I've had my 2-camera system up and running for just a few days. For the price, it looks like it'll do just what I need. However, connection through both Android app and desktop was iffy. Sometimes it took 2 or 3 logins to show that the base unit and cameras were online, then it would sometimes drop-off after just a minute or two and it was slow and clunky when it was connected. I have an Orbi router (awesome!) and 2 Orbi satellites in the house- rock solid internet connection everywhere. The Arlo base station is connected to 1 of the satellites and is 30' from 1 camera and 20' from the other. It's mostly glass between base station and cameras and it's line-of-sight for both. The internet speed is 100 Mb+. As soon as I turned off the VPN on the Android phone or desktop, the Arlo connection was really smooth, solid and quick. I've only tested this today, so I don't know if that's really what's going on.

Anyone else using VPN's who are having connection problems with Arlo? I really prefer using a VPN, so if it's causing the connection problems, not sure what I'll do.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Others have reported issues using VPNs although I don't recall them having your specific issue.