Connecting Arlo wireless cameras to a Netgear EX7000 router

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
scaruso
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to replace the batteries in both of my wireless cameras and they no longer sync to the base station (EX7000) even after a router reboot and firmware upgrade.  The 2 wired cameras are working fine.  I also have a new Arlo Pro wireless camera that does not connect either.  Need assistance please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo and Arlo PRO do not sync to any Netgear Routers as of this time...it used to about a year or so ago but was dropped.

If you did have an older version of sw in the router and it did function, when you updated the router , poof, it was gone.

The Arlo / Arlo Pro cameras at this time are only able to connect to the Arlo bases.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo and Arlo PRO do not sync to any Netgear Routers as of this time...it used to about a year or so ago but was dropped.

If you did have an older version of sw in the router and it did function, when you updated the router , poof, it was gone.

The Arlo / Arlo Pro cameras at this time are only able to connect to the Arlo bases.

scaruso
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your quick response. So the wireless cameras will no longer sync but the wired ones will continue to work on the Netgear ex7000 correct?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

scaruso wrote:
Thank you for your quick response. So the wireless cameras will no longer sync but the wired ones will continue to work on the Netgear ex7000 correct?

If you mean the Q cameras as wired, yes....

The Arlo /Arlo Pro cameras ONLY connect to the base units (base, which hooks into the internet via an ethernet cable to the router )

The Q camera and Arlo Baby hook directly into your already existing home wifi