Connect basestation to Netgear switch

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
mikeastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

My incoming ADSL is on the groundfloor of my house and connects directly to my router and AP. I have a wired connection from the router to a first floor netgear switch that my NAS, PC etc etc hang off. I'd like to connect the Arlo basestation to a free port on the first floor switch rather than a free port on the router downstairs. Is there any reason why I can't do this and will the basestation co-operate if it's connected to my home LAN in this way?

thanks .. Mike 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I did something like this initially with no problems at all. The base station has no particular requirements other than an Ethernet port - the rest is all about the positioning and quality of the WiFi between the base and cameras.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I did something like this initially with no problems at all. The base station has no particular requirements other than an Ethernet port - the rest is all about the positioning and quality of the WiFi between the base and cameras.

mikeastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, this works and you can connect a basestation to your ADSL connection via switch.