Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I mount the camera from the ceiling using a screw type mount it will be upside down - will this impact the performance in any way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Vitesse,

I believe there will be no issues as well as it will not affect the performance of the Arlo cameras even if its mounted upside down.  Make sure that the battery lid is tightly close so that the water won't go inside it if you will deploy it outdoors.

Furthermore, you may want to enable the "Invert Image" under the camera settings for that certain camera.  

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Vitesse,

Positioning the camera is what you need to focus on.

Please see How do I place my Arlo camera? 

The magnetic mount that comes with the cameras is what you will mount to the wall or ceiling, you can either use the screw that came with it or a double sided tape, as long as it can hold the weight of the camera.

See How do I mount my Arlo cameras?

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Vitesse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply, What I want to do is mount the camera on the underside on the soffit under the eave which will require the us of the optional screw mount. Plus, I would prefer to have a more permanent mount outside as the camera could easily be knocked off with a stick from the magnetic mount and stolen.

Installing in this way will result in the camera being mounted upside down. My question is will that create issues?

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Vitesse,

I believe there will be no issues as well as it will not affect the performance of the Arlo cameras even if its mounted upside down.  Make sure that the battery lid is tightly close so that the water won't go inside it if you will deploy it outdoors.

Furthermore, you may want to enable the "Invert Image" under the camera settings for that certain camera.  

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team 

doubleklik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where is the setting to enable "invert image"...on the camera it self or under settings somewhere on the app?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

doubleklik wrote:

Where is the setting to enable "invert image"...on the camera it self or under settings somewhere on the app?

SETTINGS > pick camera that is flipped > Toggle the INVERT button ..... save on exit.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lanceuye
Aspirant
Aspirant
In my situation, mounting upside down seems to have a hard time triggering the motion. I'm guessing the sensor is to close to the roof eave and is being blocked.
247Joe
Initiate
Initiate

This!!!!! 

Arlo is great but has some design flaws. They should have put a screw port on the top and bottom of the camera. I have mine under the ease to protect from weather but the motion sensor is now on top instead of the bottom. The result is I have to set sensitivity to high just to catch someone walking in my driveway 50% of the time but it catches cars driving by 100% of the time. Even though my line of sight ( what the camera sees)  does not include the street. I think I'll have to return the mount and buy a third party one. The magnetic mount  won't allow me to hit the right angle. If I can't position the camera with the sensor facing the correct way I might have to return the entire unit which is a shame. An L shapped bracket that allows Arlo to maintain the original orentation would be nice. 

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
There is another magnetic mount called table mount. Try that one. Should allow you to maintain the desired orientation and keep the camera upright.