Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cant Find Base Station Message

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CurtF
Follower
Follower

when I go through process it keeps telling me it cant find the base station

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried? What are the LEDs on the base showing? Are you on the same network as the base?

russell102
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, initially my system was not making recording so I factory reset it and now I am unable to discover the base station

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also remove everything from Settings, My Devices? That's required when you reset.

russell102
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, yes I deleted the camera's and the base station before performing the factory reset.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? Has to be power and Internet as green, maybe Camera as amber. If not, try holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and try again.

russell102
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi thanks for your reply, yes the power and internet light are green. I have tried resetting the base station about 10 times now still can't find it from app or from website.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The next step is to make sure you're on the same network as the router and the base. Use of cell service won't work to set things up. Rebooting the router and base, in that order, may help.

russell102
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi can confirm I am on the same network, I am an it engineer so understand that side of it. Can see the base in my DHCP scope and can ping it by IP. I am suspecting is failed
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the reboot of the router?

russell102
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi yes I have tried rebooting my router
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here. Might be a bad base.