Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot use Arlo on iMac

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AppleArlo
Star
Star

Arlo Pro vs Apple
Options
‎2017-04-06 08:29 PM

The new Arlo Pro in Australia promised but has turned up problems for Apple users. The system demands upgrades to Adobe which I have previously found to be extravagant and excessive.

it will not proceed on my iMac without major upgrades to Adobe Flash. We can argue about flash v html5 all we like but a user buying the Arlo Pro and being strong-armed into expensive Adobe upgrades is not going to accept this as a good first experience of Arlo Pro systems.

do I have to clear my Arlo accounts and cameras out, start again and go to another browser? Firefox?

any other ideas from experienced users???

i tried this elsewhere without success, so hope that anyone who currently has a Pro in Australia might comment positively here.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no expense involved - it's just the requirement for the browser to support Flash.  Firefox or Chrome are known to work well (Chrome has Flash built-in). Also, Flash is mainly used only for live viewing so a browser without Flash support is still useful for viewing videos and manipulating settings, modes and rules, the schedule, etc.

The app bypasses the Flash requirement.