Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Andriani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All..

I recently bought a new base station for my Arlo but cannot sync with cameras.

New VMB3000 base station came from the States and looks the same as the old one.

Cameras worked fine with old station.

Sync light flashes on base station when sync enabled.

Blue light on camera comes on once when new batteries are inserted.

No blue flashing light when sync pressed on camera.

I have tried with all 4 of my cameras.

The new base station was added to "my devices" and the old base station removed.

I have reset new base station several times, using button on the rear and through the Arlo web based software.

Would really appreciate any suggestions,

Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Another person had this problem today and found success with manually changing the channel of their wifi router to something between 1-11 and then restarting the Arlo base station to have it use one of those channels (it follows the wifi channel). Then go through the sync process. I think it's possible that the base can follow the wifi to channels 12-14 but that the cameras can't. Anyway, give that a go

Andriani
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Steve, thanks for getting back.

My WiFi is set to channel 5 and unfortunately hasn't changed the problem.

I've been thinking: the cameras don't want to sync, the blue light doen't flash. The light should indicate that it is searching for the base station, which in turn means it should be flashing regardless of the state of the base station. My cameras are original; only the base station is new. Is it possible that the cameras can only be synced to the original base station thereby rendering the cameras useless if they are stolen.

Just a thought 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the blue LED on the camera doesn't flash when the sync button on the camera is pressed, it's not going to work.  Could be batteries, could be defective cameras, etc. 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

^ Agree. Try new batteries or try the batteries out of a camera you know has good battery power