Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
scruffy123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three arlo wireless cameras that are about 18 months old.  I have had issues with quick draining batteries which I spent a couple of days on and then had to move on to other parts of my life.  I have come back to the cameras to make one last attempt at getting them working.  Two of my camers had gone offline shortly after replacing the batteries.  The third one would drain the new batteries almost immediately after I installed them. I just put new batteries in all three cameras and the one camera will still not sync.  When I close the battery door, the blue LED lights up solid for a few seconds.  Then I try to sync it and none of the LEDs will light up.  The camera is on my desk two feet from the base station so distance is not the issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem? The base station is a model VMB3010r2.  The cameras do not show model number in the settings. The firmware version in the base station is 1.9.8.0_16666.  HW version in both working cameras is H7 and the firmware in both working cameras is 1.2.16720.  

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base. Open and close the camera battery door. Press the sync button on the base briefly - don't hold it. If still not syncing, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and try again. If still no good, remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Claim the base using the Add Device button in the Devices tab. Sync the cameras. Better?

scruffy123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply.  

I had completed all of those steps before I made the post.  I have read several of the existing posts on this matter so I knew what had been suggested before.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then open a case with support here.

scruffy123
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, how do I do that?

brh
Master
Master

@scruffy123

At the bottom of this page is a green banner that says Contact Support. Click on that and you are presented with several options. But to find the phone number for the country you are using, you have to keep going through the options until you find it near the bottom of the last page.

Brian

5955Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has there been a resolution to this issue.? Mine has been working perfectly for a while. All of a sudden I’m experiencing the same issues. I.e. draining battery and the other is can’t pair to the base. Blue light then yellow when pressing the sync button. I have followed all listed troubleshooting to date.
scruffy123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have one yet.  I'm just submitting for a support case this morning

scruffy123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to reach customer support by phone after several unsuccessful attempts at online chat.(I would type a message and get no response.  After awhile a message appeared that said 'agent typing' but no words appeared.  then another message that said 'agent ended chat') 

The CSR asked me to go through the same troubleshooting steps that I had already completed and I complied to no avail.  Then she had me swap the batteries from one working camera and the non-working camera which I did.  The working camera quit working because the swapped batteries were dead.  I put brand new batteries in all three cameras on Tuesday.  The quick drain of the batteries is actually the problem I started with earlier in the year.  The CSR concluded that the camera in question has an uncorrectable hardware or software error and since my cameras are out of warranty I can't get a free replacement.  If I want another camera I have to buy one. The good news is that I can get by with the two remaining cameras which seem to not be draining the batteries after three days.