Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Soozie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought this today....problem is I can’t get it to install properly. Followed the instructions and nothing. Went through troubleshooting process....nothing!!! Even reset the system and still nothing. It’s seems simple enough to do but unfortunately it’s just not working for me. Can anyone offer any hints, tips or advice on how to get this going? I’d be great full for suggestions you may have. Many thanks!

Arlo 3wire free HD security cams VMS3330-EUS

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What have you tried and how far are you getting?

What lights are shining on the base and what color?

Is the phone or computer you are using to setup the system on the same network as the base is connected to?

Soozie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, the set must have had an internal problem. Took it back got another and it worked fine. 

However, I do have another question.....can my Arlo security be breached and used to spy on me and can another person (without my authority) access my security system through my wifi to turn on/off my cameras?

thank you

Soozie

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not if you use good, strong passwords for both your Arlo account and your home WiFi.

Soozie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! If my Arlo had been compromised, how would I know? What indicators are there to confirm to me it's been tampered with/ unauthorised access?

many thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no obvious indication or notification so protecting your account in the first place is needed. You can check to verify that settings, modes, rules and schedule haven't been changed but that's it.