Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Spl
Follower
Follower

One of my two cameras stopped working in the dark, only the lower half the picture could be seen. And even in daytime the top half was dark.

Got the camera replaced, the new camera was working OK during the day but no illumination during the night. Though I could see that the LEDs were light up, other camera worked perfect both in day and night-time.

Was advised to do a factory reset and then the Base station refused connection. Again advised to delete the base station and try to connect it as a new unit, it did not work. Tried the over again, no help. Tried another power supply that had been working previously when the original was DOA (was replaced later), no connection

I can see that the router is in connection with the base station, the internet LED blinks now and then but I still cannot connect.

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spl,

You seem to indicate that you factory reset ( hold the reset button down until all LEDs flash amber) the base sation and removed all devices from Settings > My Devices. When attempting to reclaim the base station be sure the device you are using is connected to the same network as the base.

JamesC

Buck2234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried for days to get my arlo cctv sytem to connecto my desktop computor , I have gone through set up

countless times but I can not reconnect it

Don Doe

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Buck2234,

Cameras connect wirelessly to your Arlo Base Station. They will not connect directly to your desktop computer.

Take a look here for an instructional video on how to set up an Arlo system with wire-free cameras: How To Install Arlo Wire-Free Smart Home Security Cameras

JamesC